DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Driver problem

• bburg Sunday, February 03, 2013 10:54 AM Reply
    I have installed this device in mij Asus mainboard. (Windows 7 32 bits)
    I first have installed the drivers from the CD using the setup utility.
    When I connect an USB 2.0 disk alle is functioning as expected.
    When I connect my USB 3.0 external disk the computer tries to find a driver for the disk. It cannot find the correct driver and installs a default storage driver.
    After some time the drive is disconnected and Windows stops with a BSOD (blue screen).
    The message is malfunctioning hardware

I found driver version 1.90 and 2.10 on the internet.
    Both result in the same problem
    I have removed the device and all drivers from my pc and reinstalled everything.
    Still no success.
    Another problem is that when i shutdown my pc it ends in a BSOD.

Does Anyone have a solution?
  • AndiBcool Sunday, February 03, 2013 11:38 AM Reply
    Thease should work: http://www.via-labs.com/en/support/downloads.jsp#hostdriver
    Im actually using a previous version 1.90 ( not 2.10 yet ) i think on sku 103278 on win xp.

But i only using USB3 Pendrives so far no harddisks.
  • bburg Sunday, February 03, 2013 12:21 PM Reply
    BSOD is Windows Blue Screen Of Death (system crash)
    The chipset of this device is Chipset: VIA 828U3(2+2)
    I use the drivers from http://www.via-labs.com/en/support/downloads.jsp#hostdriver
    Tried version 1.20 (from the CD in the box) and version 1.90 and version 2.10.
    The external disk is a Samsung 2.5" USB 3.0 housing from DX (SKU 66655 no longer available, bought is last year) with a Samsung HM641J 640Gb drive
    The housing contains a chipset identified as AS2105. The internal chipset is marked Asmedia ASM1051
    It could be a compatibility issue??
    Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by bburg on 2/3/2013 at 12:56 PM
  • bburg Sunday, February 03, 2013 4:17 PM Reply
    The crasdump I got during the shutdown of the system is:
    'The system detected an uncorrectable hardware error
    Technical information: Stop: 0x00000124 (0x00000000,0x8620c024,0xb2000000,0x00070f0f)

The systemlog shows no related messages. It looks like the disk controller has disconnected before the bsod during shutdown (i can hear the systemdisk spin-down before the crash). No messages are written.

I checked the manufactorer (Asus) for updates but I already have the latest Bios and drivers.
    I will try the Ubuntu livecd later.
  • bburg Monday, February 04, 2013 12:38 AM Reply
    1) The power connector is connected
    2) The HDD works fine in USB 2 ports. USB 2 drives and sticks work fine in the USB 3 device.

I have found a firmware update for the harddisk but that can only be applied using a working USB 3 port.

But that does not help solving the bluescreen.

I have already found that the bluescreen error 124 indicates a hardware conflict or malfunction.
    It is not impossible that the USB card has a problem with my Nvidea video card.
  • bburg Monday, February 04, 2013 2:17 PM Reply
    I have tried an Ubuntu Livecd.
    It cannot connect to USB devices.
    I thing the mainboard chipset (ASus - Nvidea - AMD X64CPU) is not supported.
  • bburg Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:17 AM Reply
    The mainboard Nvidia Nforce 4 SLI AMD chipset is no longer supported.
    I found a friend who will try the card in a more recent Intel mainboard.
    I give up trying in my computer.

Thanks for thr support so far.
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections