DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

i swear i tried to understand

• num1gever Tuesday, February 12, 2013 2:42 AM Reply
    but i cant get how the hell i'm supposed to rest in that thing?
  • FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:47 AM Reply
    At first I thought it seemed easy.

Description said "Put your head onto the hole,"

I pictured the pillow with the yellow side up and the back of the head resting in the hole, with the neck being supported.
    Though this seemed to leave a lot of room for some elephant sized ears on either side and room for a massive cone or bulbous head extending up beyond the hole.

Description also said "great relaxing for your lunch hour;"

Which made me think that it was intended for power naps during work.
    So I then imagined the head hitting the hole face first, whilst sitting at a desk or table.
    Then I noticed the elastic strap on one side and wondered whether the pillow shouldn't be used with the yellow side face down. Maybe those strange shapes on the yellow side are non slip strips or something, to stop the pillow sliding around and thereby disturbing a peaceful slumber.
    The same elastic band could then also be used to wake the person up, by someone, most likely the Boss, coming along and stretching the elastic band to the max before releasing it to snap back onto the back of the head of the poor slumbering fool.

Description also said "Release your pressure for a short rest"

Which made me think of a relaxing massage and that maybe the elastic band wasn't intended to be used to wake the person up at all, but rather to provide a means so that the co-workers could snap the elastic strap each time they walked past the slumbering soul, in effect providing a helpful massage like action - provided enough co-workers walked past often enough and knew not to pull the elastic band TOO far to snap the person out of the relaxing slumber altogether.

Personally though, I'd be more inclined to try and stick my head through the hole with the yellow part of the head facing to the front and wear it like a pirate hat (using the narrowest part as a chin strap). The elastic strip would then help to hold the hat on and prevent it from falling off when the blistering barnacles begin to blow. The occasional Arrrrrggggghhhhhh!!! uttered during sleep is likely to stop people accidentally interrupting the slumber also (if the hat alone isn't sufficient already) - people tend to try and avoid people they think are crazy. This might actually work and provide some uninterrupted rest lol

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

• num1gever Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:10 AM Reply
    I honestly think you should write a book about it. and how frustrating it is when DX leave you all alone to figure out what a particular item is used for.

as for the subject: i think the pirate hat idea is the best one. because i definitely dont want to give my boss a new way to tease me by snapping my neck with a rubber strap.

one more weird thing (as if there wasnt enough already) , in one of the pictures you can see that the hole is actually hollow all the way through the pillow. which will confirm your theory about the "power naps during work"
    but then you take a look on another picture of the item, and then you'll see there's actually a thin peace of canvas that covers the other side of the hole, that will not allow you to breathe while your head stuck in the hole.
    magically, the thin piece of canvas is also changing sides like if there were no rules...

so it's really one of a strangely unique pillow.
    Posts(7) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by num1gever on 2/13/2013 at 4:12 AM
  • cyclist Moderator Wednesday, February 13, 2013 6:01 AM Reply
    Most of DX are on holiday for Chinese New Year!
    You can use the Report Error button to ask DX for some pictures of how to use it if you want.
    Flashlight problems ~ http://tinyurl.com/bw2d3pd
    DX Return Policy ~ http://tinyurl.com/c92w5wy
    New customers read this ~ http://tinyurl.com/3kcyfqm
    Tracking site ~ http://www.17track.net/index_en.shtm
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:58 AM Reply
    stretching the elastic band to the max before releasing it to snap back onto the back of the head of the poor slumbering fool.

LOL. Again. Those were my last 4 points. Well worth it.
    CEO: Flashlight Nutters Anonymous
    Geezer Division
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections