DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

DVR videos and photos - disappear from the dvr.

• VVic66 Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:11 PM Reply
    With no reason all the content recording disappears after shutting off the device. When returning to the dvr, the sd card shows empty.
    Any help ?
  • BergExtreme Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:48 PM Reply
    This is an often case with cheap (and older) video cameras and car DVRs. If the power is suddenly shut off as you leave you car, recording video content may be lost. Recent car DVRs don't have this problem but some still have. You need to complete video recording by stopping it properly before you shut off the power or by using power switch.
  • VVic66 Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:07 PM Reply
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I have tried to discover the correct script to keep the videos and photos by performing a lot of alternatives, including with usage of the self DVR internal battery but there is no way that really works. Looks like to be the opperational system it self that erase all after some minutes or when the dvr is just turned on to be used (it looks like to be a internal error on this device).
    Do you have any other suggestion like firmware update or really the device is not usefull.
    Thanks
  • BergExtreme Friday, February 22, 2013 12:02 AM Reply
    Yes, it is a firmware issue but there seems no firmware update.

A practical solution may be to draw the power from car battery. This means that the DVR continue to consume some power even while you leave your car. I don't exactly know how much power this DVR consumes but I guess it something like 100-200mA. It is not a big power but like a LED room light and your car battery may last for 200-300 hours. You can add a master power switch if you mind it.
  • VVic66 Friday, February 22, 2013 2:40 PM Reply
    This problem occurs all the time, no matter if by the self DVR battery (with no connection in the car) or using external power (from car battery). I´m thinking about to share this notes with DX team to discuss a replacement. Maybe the best solution.
    What do you think ?
    In advance, thanks for your support.
  • VVic66 Monday, February 25, 2013 5:36 PM Reply
    Good news (supposedly). After several tests with no success I discovered a small reset button on the DVR and I tried it. The auto record option on the DVR was re-setted to no-continuous and than, the device starts to keep the videos and photos on the SD card. I will stay making more tests to confirm this situation.
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections