DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Electronics)
Electronics

FM Transmitter for iPhone

• askalyuval Sunday, February 24, 2013 3:59 PM Reply
    Hello!
    I bought an FM transmitter from an online site (not DX because I wasn't aware of this site).
    It works, but sometimes (especially when I drive by a radio station) I get some interference. (Also the power adapter for the cigarette light doesn't work but it's not the thing).

Anyway, I would like to but a new one that may work better! But there are so many options here on DX. Which one should I get?
    This is what I think I have now: http://dx.com/p/0-8-lcd-car-cigarette-lighter-powered-car-fm-transmitter-for-iphone-4-black-126440

**** If my current transmitter has a range of 1 meter, will a transmitter with 5~10 meters of range-work better? ****
    I need something cheap, I'm on a budget....
    Please refer to specific models...

Thanks in advanced!
  • FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, February 24, 2013 8:10 PM Reply
    but sometimes (especially when I drive by a radio station) I get some interference

At the risk of stating the obvious, you aren't trying to compete with a commercial frequency from a high powered transmission antennae are you?

If the radio station transmits at frequency XYZ and you have your own FM transmitter frequency set to XYZ or something too close to that, then you may indeed experience interference at the very least. A lot of countries I believe also have laws regarding transmitting on commercial frequencies. It may seem funny to beam out your own musical selection on the frequency of the station which the car next to you is listening to, but if caught there might be hefty penalties.

You are selecting an otherwise unused frequency and still receiving interference?

DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

• askalyuval Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:05 PM Reply
    Hi!
    Thanks for your reply.

I realy don't care about the car driving next to me, and so I do not try any commercial frequency. All I want is to listen to my own music and I don't have an aux-in in my car.
    We have a radio station at 90FM and 91FM (which I believe has the best gap between) so I picked 90.5FM on the transmitter.
    Still I get a lot of interference (which is may be avoidable most of the time). Sometimes it gets really bad and I start hearing prays in Arabic or whatever.
  • desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, February 25, 2013 12:27 PM Reply
    I've bought a bunch of DX's cheapest iPhone FM transmitters (sku.47379), and they all work fine for me. The most important part is to scan through your entire FM spectrum to find the cleanest frequency. If another station is coming in (Arabic prayers?), then you need to pick another frequency.
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

• askalyuval Monday, February 25, 2013 5:26 PM Reply
    That is exactly what I do, but we have many channels, even at the middle frequencies (90, 90.3, 90.5, 90.7, 91...) so it's really not easy to find a clean frequency.
    Anyway I'll get another one of this transmitter, hopefully using the car charger (the one I've got was DOA) it will work better...
    Thanks for your time!!
«Reply to this thread (in Electronics)
Electronics

Subject:

* 50 characters max

* 5000 characters max
Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections