Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Arduino Enthusiasts)
Arduino Enthusiasts

Problem with EFCom Pro Wireless GSM/GPRS module

• Berni80 Sunday, March 17, 2013 9:17 AM Reply
    Hello.

I recently bought this device to connect to my Arduino,but first I wanted to test it.I connect it to the PC (using Hyperteminal) using the "JY-MCU USB Serial Port Adapter Download Line Arduino" (SK:104322) without success.

When I send an AT commend I get nothing in return.I connect Tx -Rx of the "USB Serial Adapter" to the pins Rx -Tx of the GSM.

It is supposed,that if you send the simple "AT" (without quotes) command,you get OK as an answer.

I have also set the baudrate but,nothing.I power the GSM with an external power supply,fixed to 5V.

I will be very pleased if anyone could help me.T

Thanks.
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• dwemobiel Sunday, March 17, 2013 10:58 AM Reply
    connect to it with SKU: 104325 or SKU: 132934 to your pc. it should work instantly.

Dennis
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• Berni80 Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:28 AM Reply
    Thanks for the answer dwemobiel.

I forgot to say that I have connected the GSM to the COM-Port of my PC using a MAX232,all with the same result.

Maybe,the problem is that I don´t know what voltage level do the Tx-Rx pin support.

Is it 5V (TTL) or +/-12V (RS232)?.

I asked that because maybe I have broken the GSM using an USB-Serial adaptor and not a TTL adapter.

Thanks.

• dwemobiel Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:53 AM Reply
    It should be ttl like THE arduino is.
    You are sure you did cross rx & tx ?

( stupid question ofcourse)

Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• Berni80 Sunday, March 17, 2013 12:02 PM Reply
    Of course I cross rx & tx and what is more,I have already tested my adaptor with an oscilloscope and it gives TTL level.

I´m more convinced that the GSM came broken.

Thanks again.

• taryon Tuesday, June 25, 2013 11:43 AM Reply
    I got the same result. Connect this shield with Leonardo and follow the http://www.elecfreaks.com/wiki/index.php?title=EFCom_GPRS/GSM_Shield tutorial. Everything looks fine but any AT commands Works. Neither with the arduino IDE serial monitor neither with the serial tool dowloaded from that wiki.

• Kulchinsky Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:32 AM Reply
    I've purchased this board a weak ago and it seems to also be broken, since i've got no response through USB-to-TTL adapter (FTDI and Prolific) and neither through Arduino. Tried the default configurations (19200bps 8-N-1) and nothing.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• taryon Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:24 AM Reply
    as na update.
    Now I got some answer from AT commands. AT Works, i got na OK, AT+CMGF=1 doesnt. I got ERROR.

• Kulchinsky Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:27 AM Reply
    what have you done to make it communicate through uart?

• whites Monday, September 9, 2013 4:40 PM Reply
    Hi Taryon, What did you do to get communication with the board, can you said me?

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Arduino Enthusiasts)
Arduino Enthusiasts

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere