Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

How to Set Memory Mode on Small Sun ZY-T09??

• AlexItaly Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:43 AM Reply
    Hi all,

I just bought a Small SUN TY-09 700lm that the description should have the "memory mode".
    http://dx.com/p/cree-xm-l-t6-700lm-5-mode-white-led-zoom-flashlight-2-x-18650-126714
    But I have not received any instruction sheet, and then I can not understand how it works.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
    Alex
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 20, 2013 10:13 AM Reply
    The way memory works with flashlghts, is that the light "remembers" the mode it was in when you turn it off. If you turn it off while in strobe mode, than it will turn back on in strobe mode. But if you turn it off and turn it back on right away, it will go to the next mode. It can take a few seconds for the memory feature to work.

You can also change modes by pressing lightly on the switch, without actually clicking it.

edit - typo
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 3/20/2013 at 10:15 AM
  • AlexItaly Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:25 PM Reply
    Thanks Gasbag11,

If it worked that way it would be ok .. but it is not.
    If you turn it off while in strobe mode for example, and after turn it on(after few seconds or more) it will go to the next mode..

At this point I think is the wrong description of the article ..

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12:40 PM Reply
    Some lights can take a little longer, but most of my lights take no more than a few seconds. Try turning it off in strobe or SOS mode and wait about 15 seconds. If it still goes to the next mode when you turn it back on, than it is defective or the description is wrong as you suggested.

The memory should work in all modes, but I suggested strobe or SOS because it's easier to tell if it changed modes.

If it always starts in high mode after being shut off in another mode for 10 seconds or so, than it probably doesn't have memory.
    Ask them.

• AlexItaly Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:26 AM Reply
    Thanks again for advice .. I tried, but nothing to do, wait 15sec or 10min nothing changes.
    And the flashlight is not always starts in high mode, but always follows its cycle mode.

What flashlight do you recommend that has high and strobe mode only?
    I'd use it to play airsoft, so I need a narrow beam and very powerful.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:44 AM Reply
    It sounds like your light is defective. It should stay in the same mode it was turned off in. Almost all lights without memory will start in high mode after being turned off for several seconds.

I don't remember seeing any lights with just high and strobe mode, but there are a lot with high, lo, and strobe. There are also lights with just one mode.
    Ask them.

• DrJones Tuesday, March 26, 2013 4:30 AM Reply
    With some bad luck this might be one of those flashlights with the unfamous "next-mode-memory"...
    Hopefully someone else has the same light and can tell you if he has the same problem.
    Posts(1593) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:03 AM Reply
    @DrJones; Good to see you posting here again. :) I've read some of your articles on BLF, and some of the older threads here. Will you be posting here more regularly? Always glad to see someone else with an interest in flashlights here.

Anyway, welcome back, even if it's just temporary. :)
    Ask them.

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere