Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

working with 18650 battery

• jlogres Wednesday, April 3, 2013 8:54 AM Reply
    It took only one charge for charger to stop working and I had problems to charge it with other USB devices for some reason. So I took the risk and open the alarm (it was easy) the battery in fully charge is 4.15V and they say 350mah so it has the same voltage with one 18650 battery , I cut battery wires and connect them with a 18650 battery holder and close it again (I posted a photo to product link but its the same alarm with a 18650 holder attached). Now its working fine and with a good 18650 battery it holds around 40 to 50 days instead of 3 or 4.
    Of course now I have to charge battery separately from the alarm
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• mrbill Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:12 AM Reply
    Will this unit work with the charger plugged in so you can leave it on all the time?
    Posts(477) | Reviews | Tip post

• jlogres Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:07 AM Reply
    I never tested but they say that when it is plugged it doesn't work , but anyway don't trust this charger I have read that in some cases this model cats on fire so would never leave it working when I am not near it
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere