Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Partner Program (Affiliates))
Partner Program (Affiliates)

Earned $21,081 in Sales for DX? Not good enough

• likaw Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:43 AM Reply
    That's the story on how DX shot themselves in the foot and lost a successful affiliate.

In my first 4 days on DX, still on my starter 1% commission (or as they call it, "10%"), I've earned 1000 DX Points , meaning I've brought them $2,500 in sales per day. Seeing the top-tier affiliates need to make 1250 in a year, I've contacted support (as there are no affiliates manager) and ask to be promoted to Premium. Apparently I had to wait 2 months for my pending points to get approved.

Though strictly by the rules, I'd figure an affiliate manager would be more flexible seeing this amount of sales.

They we'rent, so I've stopped almost all traffic to DX, letting it trickle down while I wait for my Platinum upgrade, in total earning 2100 DX Points while on the 1% commission.

As soon as 1250 points became approved i've asked why am I not seeing Platinum status on my profile, I was all set and ready to start bringing DX massive amounts of traffic, this time with the more reasonable 3% commission.

Instead I got this:

Dear Customer,

Please don't worry,The level is upgraded by our system instead of our staff.We checked that your level has been upgraded to standard on 3/3/2013.

We suggest you check your account later,our system upgrade level every certain priod.

Welcome to open another ticket to contact us when you have some other queries. By the way, could you please you mark our service? Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day!

Thank you for being so supportive with our work.

Yours Sincerely,
    Customer Service

"every certain period"?

How about never.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:13 AM Reply
    This problem happenend before threadid.1286043
    @Cassiejiang helped there very well.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• likaw Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:18 AM Reply
    Already removed their links from my websites. Even if they'll fix it now I doubt they can offer me more than I'm making with Affiliate Window. More of a cautionary tale\rant.

• cassieJiang @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, April 10, 2013 8:33 PM Reply
    @likaw
    2013-03-03 Standard
    2013-01-02 Starter
    Points become active in 60 days, level changed to standard on March 3rd, so points are counting from the orders made after March 3rd. These points should be pending at this moment.
    DX staff O(n_n)O~

Posts(3119) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by cassieJiang on 4/10/2013 at 8:48 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, April 10, 2013 9:05 PM Reply
    You need to earn so many points at each level to be promoted to the next level. Life is tough.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24940) | Reviews | Tip post

• likaw Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:47 AM Reply
    DX TOS says:

"The Premium to Platinum upgrade requires you earn 1250 DRP within 12 months"
    Not:
    "Get 25 , wait 2 months than get 300, wait 2 months +than get 1250 and wait 2 months - so you need to earn 1575 in total"

You can make up the rules as you go, just as you can claim 30% commission when you actually give only 3%, but losing and any affiliate that can bring you monthly sales of $75,000 and getting the reputation of a sketchy company doesn't seems like a good business practice in the long run.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:15 AM Reply
    They are not making up the rules as they go. You haven't actually earned the points until they are Available because they can be refunded at any time while they are Pending. From the Get Commission tab of http://dx.com/affiliate:

Please Note:
    DRP require 60 days to activate.

Also, that page says the DX referral points rate is (up to) 30% but it clearly says the commission is (up to) 3%. You are being disingenuous or misleading to claim otherwise. Or maybe you just didn't read it very well.

If you are unwilling to abide by the pretty reasonable conditions, make your choice and move on.
    Remembering 30 years.

• likaw Thursday, April 11, 2013 8:14 AM Reply
    In the page you refer to there is a HUGE title: "We have change the commission rate to 10% ~ 30%"

This is blatantly a lie, commission rate is the rate of the sale you get as as a commission. Do you claim DX gives 10% ~ 30% commission rate? If not, how this headline is anything but a lie?

"They are not making up the rules as they go. You haven't actually earned the points until they are Available"

I have now more than 1450 AVAILABLE points. Still my commission rate is not Platinum. Now they say I need to wait 4 months and bring 1500 DX Points just to get measly 3% commission. That's again, blatant lie.

"If you are unwilling to abide by the pretty reasonable conditions, make your choice and move on"

Oh I did, and you should clean you nose a bit, it's kinda brownish.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:49 PM Reply
    Better than having a whole head that's brown, eh. You might want to pull it out a bit. You'll be able to make a much more favourable impression on the people you want to convince to change their system.

There is no Standard to Platinum upgrade as you are so rudely seeking. What they said really is quite clear, and you should have read it before you started.

2 Level Upgraded
    From that day forward you can upgrade to Premium level by earning 300 DRP within the next 12 months. The Premium to Platinum upgrade requires you earn 1250 DRP within 12 months.

If you're too stupid to have understood what you were getting yourself into don't be surprised if you don't get much sympathy.
    Remembering 30 years.

«Reply to this thread (in Partner Program (Affiliates))
Partner Program (Affiliates)

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere