Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Suggest the charger please

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:38 AM Reply
    I think the words "plug" and "socket" are based on the function of the connectors. The function of the connectors remains the same whatever the gender might actually be doing, so those words are easier to use and be understood.

(assuming DX got the details the right way around)

I think the adapter does go the right way. I found this comment I posted last month:

Measuring DX's photos the proportions of the male (socket) end do fit with 5.5mm x 2.5mm, and at the same scale the proportions of the female (plug) end do fit with 5.5mm x 2.1mm.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24951) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:59 AM Reply
    “LOL. Place plug B into socket B... I love it!”

Ouch, you’ve lost me there. Did I actually say that? I can’t find it and my head hurts! I still haven’t got my head around all these gender issues… nothing new there though :/
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:04 AM Reply
    No no no, you didn't say it. I was just thinking how it was a little like the stereotyped instructions for putting kitset furniture together.

PS. I thought it was all very good and I'm glad you posted it. It makes everything nice and clear.
    Remembering 30 years.

post edited by sheepish on 5/2/2013 at 7:05 AM
  • Steveg1234 Thursday, May 9, 2013 3:50 PM Reply
    So is there a smart charger with a UK plug?
    presume
    Input: 100-240V AC 50/60Hz, Output: 8.4V 1A ?
    Cheers
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 9, 2013 4:29 PM Reply
    Bring on the Aus plugs!
    Remembering 30 years.

• chrismcalvert Friday, October 4, 2013 2:25 PM Reply
    Okay we have got an adapter sorted to allow a 2.5mm pin charger to work with a 2.1mm pin battery. Great. I have a bike with a Y connector and extension cords all 2.1mm. What do I do if I buy a new battery and it turns out to have a 2.5mm pin socket on it ? So I need the reverse of the adapter shown one page back. Instead of sku 194869 with socket 2.5mm and plug 2.1mm I want socket 2.1mm and plug 2.5mm. I have looked through DX and can find nothing obvious so does anybody know of such a device and a source ?
    This is quite an essential adapter for the same reason the other one is. I have my bike laced up with the cable and don't want to have to change the harness everytime I change a battery.
    I could make an adapter but then they won't be from that nice rubbery material and makes the joints rain proof.

Of course this problem would go away if DX stated the plug or socket sizes on their products.
    Posts(19) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, October 4, 2013 5:58 PM Reply
    Similar issue with lack of detail for LED colour bins, and lots of other things on DX. They seem to count on selling just a few of each item to people who don't care about such details, instead of making sure customers have the information to buy lots of each item.
    Remembering 30 years.

• chrismcalvert Friday, October 4, 2013 8:43 PM Reply
    Yes I find that research now takes three times longer just to try and find out the necesary details. This means that by the time I work something out I have gone off buying it. And I now look elsewhere so it has cost DX some of my money. I have been with them so long now that I also note unless you buy quickly you won't be able to buy more later. I often wonder what their criteria is for choosing products. I am convinced that some items are rejects from normal sale because of manf defects or design errors or even returns but other things look okay so who knows ?

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, October 4, 2013 8:49 PM Reply
    My guess it's largely what they get given by their suppliers, which seems to be all sorts, just as you mentioned.

Edit - and the suppliers often don't seem to know what they're supplying.
    Remembering 30 years.

post edited by sheepish on 10/4/2013 at 8:49 PM
  • chrismcalvert Friday, October 4, 2013 9:16 PM Reply
    I suspect you are right. I wish I could get away with this approach in my country. Also here if you don't know what you are supplying your business doesn't last long. The second to last link in the chain between coming into the country and the end-user cops it in the neck if anything isn't right. This reseller very soon decides who not to buy from. In this case DX is said reseller but being outside the country does not have to comply with any standards or policies. I just wish they would be a bit more proactive in policing their own suppliers. And in fact I could handle a 5% rise in price if it meant that DX could employ more staff and solely used them for quality control.
    I prefer buying stuff from US suppliers even though the goods are usually made in China because it means that although there may be design faults the US supplier runs their own quality control on manufacturing and you get less crap. (At least that is what I hope is happening !!).

Page 3 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere