Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Charger prolbem?

• Zhmak Monday, May 06, 2013 12:38 AM Reply
    Got really annoying problem with charger. Dashcam slowly discharges while using with car charger connected to cradle.

Charger led is ON. Charging icon on screen indicating charging. But battery getting completely discharged for 30 mins.

There is non-standard mini-usb pinout on cradle. I can't use non "original" charger with cradle.

GPS won't work when using standard mini-usb charger connected to DVR body. Looks like GPS in cradle can't get power from DVR.
    Posts(42) | Reviews | Tip post

• stgera Monday, May 06, 2013 7:36 AM Reply
    There is a problem with cradle, some soldering needed. Look here:
    http://mysku.ru/blog/others/14093.html
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Zhmak Monday, May 06, 2013 11:03 PM Reply
    This is not wire soldering problem. Charging loss caused by defective spring loaded contact.
    Posts(42) | Reviews | Tip post

• Igoras Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:00 AM Reply
    I have the same trouble with spring loaded pin of input power... Now I'm using the device via the mini-USB on the device itself and standard cable. I'm considering to disassemble the device and solder a wire from pin4 of mini-USB in device (used for powering in the original in-car power cable) to the input power pin. GPS should work that way, the power pin is pass-through on the cradle, but GPS powers up from another pin. Maybe you have troubles with other pins, not only power one, as I did...
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• Igoras Saturday, June 08, 2013 5:04 AM Reply
    BTW, i know why they use non-standard pinout - that's to detect the in-car use.
    1) Once the device is powered via pin1, which is a USB standard, it means it's connected via standard cable and you're going to you it at home and shows the menu, what to do.
    2) Once the device is powered via pin4 (which is not connected in standard usb) - that means you're using it with their custom in-car adapter and it should turn the recording immediately.

I just can't understand what was blocking them from connecting the pin4 of device (not cradle) mini-usb socket to "auto-record" feature as well.
    Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere