DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Shipping race

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, May 17, 2013 8:24 PM Reply
    Today I received two shipping notices, for packages from DX and another online Hong Kong merchant. Both packages were shipped with Singapore Post and have tracking numbers.

DX package contains sku.1887 and sku.105255 (which DX is clearing out). Large package.
    Other package contains three LEDs and some resistors. Small package. I have a photo of it.

DX - shipped.
    Other - shipped.

Is it true that DX shipping is slower than that other companies? The race is on.
    DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(23705) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 19, 2013 1:28 AM Reply
    No sign of them yet on the freight forwarder's tracking site.

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 19, 2013 5:44 AM Reply
    *subscribed*
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 19, 2013 7:19 AM Reply
    +1
    ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(11595) | Reviews | Tip post

• kfitzner Sunday, May 19, 2013 12:05 PM Reply
    I ordered an item, I had an item, SKU #149386. Shipped 7 May via Singaport Post. At least, DX claims it was shipped then. That is when their shipping department slapped a shipping label on it. It wasn't until the 9th that the tracking number even showed up on Singpost, and then it was only "information received", which basically means that DX entered the waybill number in their electronic system. Four days after that, on the 13th, the item was supposedly dispatched to Canada. I say supposedly, because Canada Post shows that they have been sent the electronic waybill number saying the item is on its way to my country, but it hasn't arrived here yet.

The shipping here is horrible. And before people chime in with the "well it's free", it's not. The same items here as on [REMOVED - pls follow the rules] cost 25% more, at least. And there is no alternative to the terrible "free" shipping here, since the expedited is so incredibly expensive ($20+ for a $50 item weighing less than half a pound).

And so I still wait for my items. Good luck with yours.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

mod edited by LAL on 5/19/2013 at 12:51 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 19, 2013 3:47 PM Reply
    The freight forwarder does not yet list my packages.

"information received", which basically means that DX entered the waybill number in their electronic system.

Wrong.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 20, 2013 4:53 AM Reply
    Both items are now listed with the freight forwarder. Did you know those guys apparently weigh to the nearest centigram (10 milligrams)?

DX - with freight forwarder. Weight 0.24400 kg. Shipment Date "May 18 2013 12:00AM". Receiver Name "Shaun Sheep" (my whole name).
    Other - with freight forwarder. Weight 0.05000 kg. Shipment Date "May 19 2013 12:00AM". Receiver Name "Shaun" (just my first name).

I actually got the shipping notices from DX and the other shop on the same day, the other shop about 10 hours earlier than DX. Given the time zone difference maybe it was a day earlier in Hong Kong. But they were still scanned by the freight forwarder at the same time, so at this point it's neck and neck.

• kfitzner Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:49 PM Reply
    "Information Received" with a postal service generally means that they have been given the waybill number, but have not yet physically seen or picked up the item. Most often this is because the company shipping the item has been issued the waybill number from software the postal service offers to major shippers. It means that the postal service knows there is an item, and knows what its waybill number will be, but doesn't have it yet.

I really wish you luck. I am still waiting for the item I had shipped to arrive in Canada after it left Singapore eight days ago. That's a very, very long flight. Hope they don't run out of fuel.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:27 PM Reply
    We have a clear leader.

DX - with freight forwarder.
    Other - dispatched to overseas (showing with freight forwarder and SingPost tracking, does not yet appear on local tracking site).

You know kfitzner, I really don't care about what you think anything "generally means" or what you think happens "most often". If you really want to know what's going on with the references to the freight forwarder or how I know the freight forwarder has it and that DX has shipped the packages, just ask. I also don't particularly care that Canada Post sucks but you can find threads about Canada Post's suckiness if you really want to.

• kfitzner Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:41 PM Reply
    Now now, don't get rude. I wasn't speaking towards your shipments. I really have no idea, nor do I particularly care, how you know where your items are.

And don't get me wrong, I have no problems at all with Canada Post. In fact, I'm quite impressed how quickly they move packages around a country this large. I just wish SingPost would actually send my package to them.

In any case... have on with your exciting race. I await the results with bated breath! :)

Page 1 of 52
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere