Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

ON STRIKE! RESOLVED! :)

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 12:06 PM Reply
    THe strike is over. The affiliate's points have been returned. Of course anyone is welcome to see what it was about if you're interested.

I for one, no longer intend to do DX any favors by helping out in the forums. I now see that it is completely unappreciated.

I never wanted or expected anything from DX. I did it because other people here helped me many times, plus I enjoyed doing it. It also helped pass the time and enabled me to make many new friends in many countries.

One of the people who helped me many times is sheepish. Now it seems that DX is unwilling to give back the affiliate points that he earned. Or even give an answer or explanation.

I've only been active in these forums for just under a year. Since that time, I've seen probably hundreds of times that he answered customer's questions, and considering that he's been active here for 7 years or so, I imagine the number is easily in the thousands.

I've also seen DX staff specifically ask him for help with questions many many times.

There are many businesses and companies that would love to have someone with his knowledge as a volunteer, and most would definitely reward that kind of service, even if they are only small rewards to make someone feel appreciated. But to take back points that were rightly earned, shows me how much DX values anyone's help.

By my count, the total amount of points (mentioned in another thread) is 28. That's a value of $2.80.

Until his points are restored, I see no reason to help customers here any longer. If his 7 years of help are not even worth $2.80, how much can my 1 year be worth?

I'm not asking anyone to join me, but you are welcome to, if you wish.

I'll still be active here, but not to the extent I was before, as far as helping customers is concerned.

For more details see this thread. vv http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1302005

edit - Changed 8 yrs to 7

re-edit - Changed 26 to 28 per sheepish's count.

edit - Update..... sheepish just had 28+ points taken back (7/2/13) from an order made 124 days ago. The total so far is 56+ points.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12573) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 9/17/2013 at 5:25 AM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 2:45 PM Reply
    Thank you
    Ask them.

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 5:27 PM Reply
    +2

While I don't think Sheepish ever helped me directly as far as memory goes(never needed it, since flashlights and batteries aren't my thing, but might help me ofcourse, in the future), I do share many great memories with you all and consider you friends. It also isn't the first time that DX doesn't comment on situations that can't possibly be resolved by the "low level" customer representatives and require higher authority, and someday a similar situation could happen to anyone. And in such an occasion, it's good to be able to rely on friends.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• Janmee Monday, June 17, 2013 7:22 PM Reply
    @gasbag11, I don't see any my colleague's reply at that post: http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1302005?page=1 . I will tell my colleague to deal with it ASAP. Sorry it is a bit little to solve this out. And your reply we owe you, actually we are just come back from our holidays, so we can't reply in time. Apologize for all the inconvenience we brought you, my friends!
    Posts(4706) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 7:29 PM Reply
    @Janmee; Sheepish is the one that deserves an apology. And his points returned.

Is all this really necessary for 28 points?
    Ask them.

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 7:33 PM Reply
    I don't see any my colleague's reply at that post
    Cassie was pmed 3 times in that thread, and Sheepish changed his signature leading that many people(and ofcourse staff, like Vicky, who now is, indeed on vacation) should've seen it, I don't think holidays is an acceptable reason why a reply wasn't provided.

At least you were the very first DX staffmember to actually make notice to having read the thread and have passed on the message.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 8:08 PM Reply
    My thanks to you all, and I guess I should join the cause too:

+3

There are several issues here: The affiliate points that I listed; how many other affiliates have been affected without knowing; how DX treats its affiliates; how DX responds to problems; and who is actually in charge at DX?

Mr Voriki, in the only one I can think of I didn't really help. :P But I did do something that DX didn't - tell you. For that matter, I didn't get any email notification for my latest answered ticket, regarding an affiliates points Cash Back.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24952) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 8:37 PM Reply
    +3

Perhaps this should be addressed to @colleague. We realise there are dedicated staff as friendly and helpful as they are allowed to be but it seems there is a ‘colleague’ whose policy is to ignore the hard questions and they’ll go away. That does not wash when it comes to unfair dealing with a long time supporter.

Unfortunately this is not the first time that loyal helpers have been turned off. This is not about 28 points, it’s about fixing a problem. Withholding my help won’t count for much either. I lack the technical expertise of people like Sheepish, Vlad, Desolder, F.A. and an ever diminishing number of real helpers, but withheld it is.
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 17, 2013 9:00 PM Reply

Thanks oz. I'm glad everyone agrees with me.

I would hate to quit buying here, but we all know there are plenty of other sites to buy from, and from my very few experiences with those sites, they have faster shipping. I haven't bought anywhere else after I started buying here, except for a few items that DX doesn't carry. I even waited since November when I did a product request because I would rather buy here. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 1/2/2017 at 12:32 AM
  • Janmee Monday, June 17, 2013 9:02 PM Reply
    I am sorry but maybe there are communication mistakes happened between us! @gasbag11, what product request you did? Could you pm me the details? Maybe I can help you.
    Posts(4706) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 26
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere