Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Real capacity? Some confusion here...

• AndrejT Wednesday, August 7, 2013 9:40 AM Reply
    Product specification says 3.7V and 2680mAh, picture of this battery shows 3.7V, 2680mAh and 5.25 Whr. This information from battery is quite confusing, because:
    3.7V * 2.68Ah = 9.916 Whr --> but wattage on battery says 5.25Whr, not 9.9Whr !!!
    5.25Whr / 3.7V = 1420mAh --> but amperage on battery says 2680mAh !!!

According to wattage written on battery, capacity should be 1420mAh.
    According to amperage written on battery, wattage should be 9.9Whr.

So, some information here is fraudulent, which one is it? Is this battery capacity higher than genuine Apple 5.25Whr (1420mAh) battery, or is it same capacity? Some test from owner would be appreciated.
    Never say never
    Posts(42) | Reviews | Tip post

• AndrejT Thursday, August 8, 2013 3:37 AM Reply
    I received reply from DX error report service:
    "The supplier said it is 2680mAh, but they copied other information from original battery. So there are some mistake. Best regards. "

Never say never

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, August 8, 2013 4:16 AM Reply
    @Janmee
    You accept that a supplier copies information from original products?
    Since no one can confirm, nobody should believe the 2680mAh claim, it could just as easily be 1340mAh?
    Is that what's being regarded as some mistakes?
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• AndrejT Friday, August 9, 2013 10:13 AM Reply
    I've ordered one, so I will make some test to see if it's true or not.
    Never say never

• Janmee Thursday, August 15, 2013 9:40 PM Reply
    @Voriki, supplier is not manufacturer, you know, sometimes stuff which not branded will be not serious on details with its apparel. But it is cheap enough! @AndrejT, please let us know the quality of it!
    Posts(4706) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, August 16, 2013 12:34 AM Reply
    @Janmee
    supplier is not manufacturer
    I know that, but if the supplier does not have the correct information, are they allowed to invent it?
    There are too many lies being told about capacities and lumens(Sheepish still has questions about the calibration of the integrating sphere)

Isn't it DX's responsibility to check if information is correct, since you are well aware quite often you receive wrong information?(especially if it'd be a Staff Pick, which were Tested, Tried and True?!?)

The product information states this battery is 2680mAh, while both you and me know 99.99% certain that this is not the truth and nobody knows(and AndrejT thinks it's only 1420mAh, but that too is uncertain), so it has to be verified with the supplier and they have to verify with the manufacturer, otherwise if the capacity isn't confirmed, DX continues to spread a lie :(
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• SaintDragon Friday, September 6, 2013 10:44 AM Reply
    *subscribed*
    @AndrejT, please let us know about your tests
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• AndrejT Friday, October 18, 2013 12:06 PM Reply
    Had sent a proper review couple of days ago, but apparently it was not accepted by DX staff, probably for its negative result. Sorry PatriqB, I had to give you "No" to your review, because it doesn't reflect real situation about this battery.
    Never say never

• Lirathal Wednesday, January 8, 2014 4:13 PM Reply
    @AndrejT would love to hear your review via Private Message please.
    Posts(17) | Reviews | Tip post

• AndrejT Wednesday, January 8, 2014 5:59 PM Reply
    Here is my review:

Pros:
    Definitely great price for Li-Pol battery. Fits inside likewise its original big brother.

Cons:
    This is definitely not real battery capacity. BatteryDoctor says 1420 mAh and not 2680mAh like they claim it should be. I can honestly say I was little bit surprised. Of course, I did not expect to see their claimed high capacity, but not as low as 1420.

Other:
    Therefore, I did some testing:
    1. with old Apple genuine battery - running Geocaching app with navigating to the cache (GPS on), display brightness set on 100% - running time was approx. 3 hrs.
    2. with new battery (golden 2680mAh) - same condition - running time approx. 3,5 hrs. Nothing like almost double time.

BUT (!!!), with respect to the age of my battery, which is about 21 months old, its original capacity must be depleted, so it's not 1420mAh, but must be lower now. It seems that my half an hour running time difference can be assigned to the age of my old battery.

I am not saying that this battery is exactly 1420mAh, but its 17% longer running time could be because I had compared it with an old genuine battery and not the new one. I am sure if I use for testing new Apple battery instead, this difference would be much much lower comparing to this golden battery.
    Never say never

post edited by AndrejT on 1/8/2014 at 6:00 PM
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere