Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Lasers)
Lasers

Looking for a good host module.

• PunKidd Monday, September 30, 2013 9:33 AM Reply
    I'd like to get one of these 200mW green laser modules and drop it into a host that uses a good Li battery.
    http://dx.com/p/200mw-532nm-green-laser-module-3v-11-9mm-26891

Can anyone tell me what host modules these fit into?
    Any of the SD-xxx or LZZ-xxx would be great, I just need to know which ones it would work.

Thanks,
    Jared.
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• PunKidd Tuesday, October 1, 2013 2:57 PM Reply
    Well, I went ahead and ordered the SD-302. I hope it works!

• PunKidd Wednesday, October 23, 2013 2:50 PM Reply
    Well it's no simple task swapping them out, but with the right tools it can be done as the modules are identical in shape and size.
    Mine is up and running, although there is no way that module is really 200mW. More than 5mW for sure, but not 200 by any stretch.
    I didn't change out the focus lens I just left the 5mW one in there. It seems to be working fine, the only thing I'm not real happy about is that I have to unscrew the focus a bit to get a nice tiny dot, but I think I can mess with the position of the module to get that perfect again.

• enjoyjakarta Saturday, October 25, 2014 12:42 AM Reply
    Hi, mine just bought few weeks ago and it is awesome with c6 aurora cree host (sell in DX). But you will need a heat sink, i choose from copper (more weight than alumunium but it said twice better). You could buy some of those heat sink at SL. Mine just made by local machinery with a technical design draft from a web. A little frustation about the screw, no screw here within < 3 mm with hexa, gotta make a way out to fit the host.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

Lasers

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere