Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Please add Kosovo as a country in country list!

• Reis155 Friday, November 15, 2013 3:34 AM Reply
    Hello there,
    I am opening this topic because I am from Kosovo, and I want you to add Kosovo as a country in your country list. I make orders from DX but I write my address as country Albania. Kosovo is the newest country in world, and its independent since 2008. Can you please tell me when will you add Kosovo?

Thank you
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, November 15, 2013 12:54 PM Reply
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1337079
    This thread involves about Iran which isn't added, along with North Korea, Cuba, Sudan, and Syria.
    Maybe @happyvicky can tell us why Kosovo isn't served?
    And why does DX continue to advertise worldwide shipping?
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, November 15, 2013 5:30 PM Reply
    I just found a list I made once here, is Kosovo really independant, not claimed by Serbia?

But oddly enough I never noticed Iran, Iraq, N-Korea, Cuba, Sudan and Syria missing in that list :( Probably because those were wellknown countries I assumed they were on it.

EDIT: here was my source when I made that list
    Kosovo unilaterally declared independence in 2008 and it has received diplomatic recognition from 106 UN member states and Taiwan. Pursuant to United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244, Kosovo is formally under the administration of the United Nations Interim Administration Mission in Kosovo. Serbia continues to maintain its sovereignty claim over Kosovo. Other UN member states and non UN member states continue to recognise Serbian sovereignty or have taken no position on the question. Kosovo is a member of the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank Group. The Republic of Kosovo has de facto control over most of the territory, with limited control in North Kosovo.

post edited by Voriki on 11/15/2013 at 5:35 PM
  • Happyvicky @DX Staff @DX Staff Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:25 PM Reply
    @Reis155
    Sorry, there is no "Kosovo" country option in the list. Your country was officially declared independent in 2008,but not all countries of the world admit it. Sorry,this is a political problem,so I have no right to make any comment on it.
    I'll have my maternity leave from next week(my baby will be born in a mo
    nth), and I may be back to office a
    round mid-December.
    If you have anything to query, please contact Maye_Tao.
    Thank you. :)

Posts(7247) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Happyvicky on 11/19/2013 at 2:57 AM
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 18, 2013 4:28 AM Reply
    @Happyvicky
    So it's impossible to deliver to those coordinates? Are those coordinates officially a different country according to DX? What is he has the package shipped to Serbia?

I still see worldwide shipping being advertised, those coordinates are out of this world? Why is it being ignored when I mentioned the fact that DX mentions worldwide shipping?

EDIT: you do have the right to comment on it whether DX delivers or not.

post edited by Voriki on 11/18/2013 at 4:29 AM
  • Reis155 Monday, November 18, 2013 6:58 AM Reply
    @Happyvicky

But you have to say something about this. Kosovo is independent since 2008! You dont ship to Kosovo and you still continue to advertise worldwide shipping? That's gross!

Once I made an order from DX and I wrote this address:
    Name Surname
    Street, House Number
    Town
    Kosovo
    SERBIA

And do you know what happened?
    The state of Serbia stopped the package in Serbia, they officially told this on TV, that happened since year 1999. Do you have the idea how many packages have been lost since that year? I guess thousands of them, including my order.

You should stop advertising worldwide shipping! Or you should start ship to Kosovo too!

Thank you.
    P.S:The Republic of Kosovo declared independence on 17 February 2008[128] and over the following days, a number of states (the United States, Turkey, Albania, Austria, Croatia, Germany, Italy, France, the United Kingdom, the Republic of China (Taiwan),[129] Australia, Poland and others) announced their recognition, despite protests by Russia and others in the UN.[130] As of 26 September 2013, 106 UN states recognise the independence of Kosovo and it has become a member country of the IMF and World Bank as the Republic of Kosovo.[131][132]
    The UN Security Council remains divided on the question (as of 4 July 2008). Of the five members with veto power, US, UK, and France recognised the declaration of independence, and the People's Republic of China has expressed concern, while Russia considers it illegal. As of May 2010, no member-country of CIS, CSTO or SCO has recognised Kosovo as independent. Kosovo has not made a formal application for UN membership yet.
    The European Union has no official position towards Kosovo's status, but has decided to deploy the European Union Rule of Law Mission in Kosovo to ensure a continuation of international civil presence in Kosovo. As of April 2008, most of the member-countries of NATO, EU, WEU and OECD have recognised Kosovo as independent.[133]
    As of 9 October 2008, all of Kosovo's immediate neighbours except Serbia have recognised the declaration of independence. Montenegro and Macedonia announced their recognition of Kosovo on 9 October 2008.[134] Albania, Croatia, Bulgaria and Hungary have also recognised the independence of Kosovo.[135]
    The Serb minority of Kosovo, which largely opposes the declaration of independence, has formed the Community Assembly of Kosovo and Metohija in response. The creation of the assembly was condemned by Kosovo's president Fatmir Sejdiu, while UNMIK has said the assembly is not a serious issue because it will not have an operative role.[136] On 8 October 2008, the UN General Assembly resolved to request the International Court of Justice to render an advisory opinion on the legality of Kosovo's declaration of independence from Serbia.[137] The advisory opinion, which is legally non-binding but had been expected to carry "moral" weight,[138] was rendered on 22 July 2010, holding that Kosovo's declaration of independence was not in violation of international law.[139][140]
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Reis155 on 11/18/2013 at 7:02 AM
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 18, 2013 7:23 AM Reply
    Vicky, we do not need a political stand of view, but a professional one, A POV suited for a business advertising worldwide shipping.
    While we already know this isn't true as countries like Iran, Iraq, N- Korea, Syria and Somalia aren't served, there are quite a lot more countries to add to that list apparantly.
    If you can't make the statement,you should get someone involved who can, after all you're the official spokesperson on the forum for DX services, and if you're not the person speaking out, someone else should.

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, December 2, 2013 3:05 AM Reply
    @Happyvicky
    Any news? Any sort of explanation?

After all, Kosovo is recognised by all countries(including China) except for 1 single country in the world.
    So it's not much of a matter of politics.

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, January 10, 2014 9:04 PM Reply
    @Chealsea2003

When will we get a proper response to this?

• Happyvicky @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:08 AM Reply
    @Voriki
    After all, Kosovo is recognised by all countries(including China)
    As I said,this is a sensitive political issue. At present, Kosovo is not recognised as independent by PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF CHINA.
    I'll have my maternity leave from next week(my baby will be born in a mo
    nth), and I may be back to office a
    round mid-December.
    If you have anything to query, please contact Maye_Tao.
    Thank you. :)

Posts(7247) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere