Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

The shipping company ruined my product. Do I RMA?

• cousineau Friday, January 3, 2014 5:12 AM Reply
    I ordered a bunch of laser pointers and after 4 weeks the package arrived at my door.
    As I cut it open the package I noticed my hand getting wet. The inside of the package was soaking in water.
    My lasers were wet and had corrosion on them (indicating these had been sitting in water, maybe salt-water, a long time) and only a few still worked.

I opened an RMA ticket with DX right away and they advised me to ship the "defective" lasers back.
    I am worried that this is not the right course of action. They were not "defective"; they were damaged in shipping.
    Will DX receive these and determine that they were physically damaged, not defective, and not replace them?

This seems like it was the fault of the shipping company (EMS or Canada Post) and I should be putting a claim in with them. Clearly it's unacceptable to soak a package in water for weeks.
    Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

• cyclist Moderator Friday, January 3, 2014 5:34 AM Reply
    DX are the shipping companys client, not you, so you cant claim anything.
    DX will and should make a claim from them and you should get replacements or refund.
    Flashlight issues~https://tinyurl.com/bw2d3pd
    DX Return Policy/Warranty~https://tinyurl.com/yb7dpg3s
    New customers read this ~ http://tinyurl.com/3kcyfqm
    Tracking site ~ http://www.17track.net/en
    Posts(17129) | Reviews | Tip post

• chelsea2003 @DX Staff @DX Staff Friday, January 3, 2014 1:47 PM Reply
    @cousineau
    sorry for the trouble,please just return the items to us,and we will arrange the replacement or refunds to you.Please answe your ticket,thanks!
    Posts(1007) | Reviews | Tip post

• RolleZ Friday, January 3, 2014 8:59 PM Reply
    How about this:
    Blame your own postal office.
    There is two chances:
    -Your countrys postal service did not write a reservation about broken package when they received it from china airplane

-Or your postal office broke it

In both cases you can claim refund from the postal office, the one is to blaim who did not write reservation. This way you dont need to send those lasers back to china, but you can buy new ones.

Often truck drivers are very lazy to write reservations, i know this because i am one. In this case the truck driver is blamed for broken package. Blaming the postal office is easiest way to get refund.
    Posts(48) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by RolleZ on 1/3/2014 at 9:01 PM
  • Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, January 3, 2014 9:54 PM Reply
    @RolleZ
    -Your countrys postal service did not write a reservation about broken package when they received it from china airplane
    You can't always see on the exterior of the package if it has been damaged.
    In both cases you can claim refund from the postal office
    Nope, only the customer of the postal services can, and that's DX, because DX is the one who has a "contract" with the shipping company?
    Also, if the shipping company would refund, they'd refund the officially declared amount, rerquesting any more would be a form of fraud.
    So if cousineau orderd a 50$ order and the declaration only says 20$, he'd lose 30$, while through DX he can get a full refrund(for those that are damaged)

Often truck drivers are very lazy to write reservations, i know this because i am one.

You're lazy too? lol
    But seriously, I perfectly understand what you mean, I see my own postal services make mistakes out of sheer laziness, and it's not only postal services, of of my main experiences was to work 1+ year in a call center, and even there you've got normal people, a small minority achievers who do the best effort possible, and slackers(when being involved with customers affairs to assist them in various cases).
    You may be an average Joe, but you may also be one who 100% correctly follows the book(I don't think you'll admit to be a slacker...at least only in very very rare cases).
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• cousineau Friday, January 3, 2014 10:39 PM Reply
    Ok, I'll just send them back.

My main worry was that the DX people are flooded with returns and maybe didn't take the time to carefully read my ticket, since they kept saying "defective".
    If this is how it is normally done then I have no problem.

Also my postal service couldn't have known the product was damaged. I didn't know until I had opened it. It was in a large plastic bubble envelope that wouldn't suffer water damage. Perhaps this type of envelope held the water in longer and further ruined my lasers.

It was the first soaking-wet package I've ever received, and I hope the last.
    Posts(25) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere