Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

REAL actual capacity?

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, January 3, 2014 11:14 AM Reply
    The genuine battery has 680mAh, 4.9Wh. This one not only claims a ridiculous 1000mA, 7.2Wh, but DX also claims that's the actual capacity.

sheepish: What is the REAL actual battery capacity?
    DX: The supplier said so. but do not expect too much. Have a nice day.

The supplier is lying. DX is lying by repeating it. @Janmee should I request one for testing or can someone there do the test?
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24949) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, January 3, 2014 3:18 PM Reply
    The supplier said so. but do not expect too much.

I just had to LOL on that one. If there's some doubts, then it should not be listed as actual capacity!
    What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 4, 2014 8:53 PM Reply
    Here we go, my first query has finally been answered.

sheepish: A quick search for DSTE camera batteries shows they have greatly exaggerated capacities. What is the actual capacity of this battery?
    DX: The supplier said the real capacity is the same as marked on the product. Have a nice day.

@Janmee, OK, so the supplier insists on lying. L. Y. I. N. G. That's only to be expected from your suppliers these days - it seems they'll say anything to get people to buy junk. The next issue is why is DX continuing the lie to its customers?

And why are you, Janmee, lying to me?

The supplier's lie doesn't answer my question. What is the REAL actual capacity? Add one to my order 131205001075282043 and I'll test it myself.
    Remembering 30 years.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 4, 2014 11:15 PM Reply
    The supplier said so. but do not expect too much.

That's pathetic. They might as well have put a winking smiley at the end of that sentence. It implies they KNOW the supplier is lying, but won't do anything about it.

I guess it's best to use the standard DX formula for batteries and flashlights. Cut the ratings in half and you'll be pretty close. :(
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12568) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 4, 2014 11:36 PM Reply
    *subscribed*
    I'll be making my own topic about some ridiculous answer I got towards 2 error reports(same SKU) where the answers were downright lacking knowledge and effort.
    But first, time for a nap.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 5, 2014 7:18 AM Reply
    For the striped Li-ion batteries it was more like 1/10 of the marked capacity. I really don't think these will get close to 500mAh. If it's above 300mAh I will be very surprised, and I'm expecting much less than that.

But first, time for a nap.

Ah, you have your priorities straight.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 6, 2014 5:08 AM Reply
    I just realised this also means that whenever DX says Actual Capacity they mean Supplier Claimed Capacity. This means we cannot trust any Actual Capacity figure DX lists and implies we cannot trust any spec DX lists. All because of some pathetic lies.

actual
    adjective
    existing in fact; real.
    synonyms: real, true, genuine, authentic, verified, attested, confirmed, definite, hard, plain, clear, clear-cut, undeniable, veritable;
    Remembering 30 years.

• Janmee Monday, January 6, 2014 9:52 AM Reply
    DX: The supplier said so. but do not expect too much. Have a nice day.

Who told you that?

You know, we have contract with our supplier, complains received we will punish them, they can lie to us, but they can't lie to our customers.
    Posts(4706) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, January 6, 2014 10:59 AM Reply
    Your department! That is the response I got from my second Error Report, which I received first.

I'm sorry if the accusation above is too personal. I'll change that if you like. I wasn't thinking about how many people answer Error Reports.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:43 PM Reply
    Still no change with the claimed capacity of this battery. I see another compatible battery has been listed, sku.287993, with the same specs as the genuine battery but no brand at all.

You know, we have contract with our supplier, complains received we will punish them, they can lie to us, but they can't lie to our customers.

But DX knowingly lies to its customers by continuing to claim fraudulent capacities after they are pointed out.
    Remembering 30 years.

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere