DX is cheating with new game

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 18, 2014 7:07 AM Reply
    Ha ha.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• Shimmer Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:21 AM Reply
    last sentence on the competition page sums it up

"Make lucky things happen on you..."

Kinda like looking up at the wrong time as a seagull flies over head.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Saturday, January 18, 2014 11:27 AM Reply
    Kinda like looking up at the wrong time as a seagull flies over head
    bam! right in the face! lol!

although to be fair, whoever wrote that probably has English as their second language, so it's not nice to poke fun at that, remember, just because you don't know a language really well does not mean you are dumb!
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• indask8 Saturday, January 18, 2014 5:47 PM Reply
    Ran out of points...

But I've won one 1$ and two 3$ then I tried near 11PM yesterday... and I won a 50$ one.

So I guess luck is definitively involved...

Spent around 270 DX points so around 27 potential $ for 54$ that's not too bad.
    ..:: More than 800 posts! o_O ::..

Posts(894) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by indask8 on 1/18/2014 at 5:56 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, January 18, 2014 8:20 PM Reply
    Spent around 270 DX points so around 27 potential $ for 54$ that's not too bad.

Since you must spend $250.00 minimum to use that $50 (LOL) "Gift Card", I don't think it's a good deal at all. How many people (remember, this is DX, not a high end site) could afford to spend that much on one order? How many would spend that much on one order? I'm sure DX took that into consideration when they offered those $50 (LOL) "Gift Cards".

If you can afford to use that (LOL) "Gift Card", than it was a good deal. If not, than you lost $20.00.

Very slick DX.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:00 AM Reply
    Here's an example. > http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1354828

Obviously not a good deal for that person.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12572) | Reviews | Tip post

• indask8 Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:25 AM Reply
    "Since you must spend $250.00 minimum to use that $50 (LOL) "Gift Card", I don't think it's a good deal at all. "

I've used it within minutes of getting it in my mailbox, had some stuff I had wish-listed I bought with it.

But I agree with you, it's not a good deal for people who don't want to/can't spend 250$+ on stuff to use it, so it's not really a gift, that's a coupon, only the lower value ones are more like a real gift card since you can use them on any order.
    ..:: More than 800 posts! o_O ::..

Posts(894) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:01 AM Reply
    Unless someone makes a stand, DX will continue to give away "gift cards" that are actually discount coupons. I've had it as well, but with a different promotion last year.

As a token of our appreciation, we are presenting you with a $3 Gift Card:***

Rules:
    1. Requires a minimum purchase of $30 or more

I didn't use it. I agree with Vlad: "Gift Cards" can and should be processed as store credit; just add it to the winners' accounts, end of story. "Discount Codes" are to be deducted from an actual order of the same, higher or (usually) much higher value than its own.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• Astrogoth Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:08 PM Reply
    I "spent" 50 points. I "won" a $10 coupon that requires me to spend $50 of REAL money first. Oh man, there's no gift there. What a rip.
    Posts(34) | Reviews | Tip post

• PATWIST Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:39 AM Reply
    I won one Christmas competition there: 10$, but must spent 20$ I was disappointed and wrote to support, I think it's written vaguely enough. I also had some things over which I considered so I bought them, in fact it turn a profit for DealExtreme.
    ..:: DealExtreme fan :..
    Posts(42) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in DX Points)
DX Points

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere