Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Arduino Enthusiasts)
Arduino Enthusiasts

SKU 226028 4.3" WBYJB 03 TFT display

• mislep Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:48 PM Reply
    Hi all !
    Where to get info (connecting and example + Arduino libraries) to use this TFT display ?
    I tried to reach that : only selling price. No technical.
    Many thanks
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• Alekzander2013 Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:03 AM Reply
    Well, given that controller chip in your case is SSD1963, try to google this phrase:
    "SSD1963 arduino"
    it gives you whole lot of results.

Also, as my personal opinion - it could be hard to connect to MCU as it uses 40 pins.

Posts(13) | Reviews | Tip post

• mislep Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:10 PM Reply
    hi man!
    Thanks for information;
    Yes I tried to know how is working the SSD1963 (datasheet.pdf): very interesting without (my) solution.
    Remarks:
    - Most of TFT work with a SPI interface. More easy!
    - The WBYJB 03 uses 16 pins connector, most of non (or with) SPI TFT use 40 pins connector.
    conclusion: it's not my screen.
    I'm disappointed that DealExtrem sells a component such this screen with "Arduino" using without no documentation or manual. I'ts also curious that after many hours on the web I neither seen this reference (WBYJB 03)!
    I don't capitulate!
    Thanks for the reading, Mike

• Alekzander2013 Thursday, February 6, 2014 11:50 AM Reply
    Yes, i'm aiming to SPI also, as it easy to connect and easy to handle wirewise.
    Although i'm afraid that SPI would be quite slow, especialy in case of colorful fullscreen animations.
    About your disappointment. Dont make fast judges. Hopefuly there would be more usefull information about this display in future. Let it lay in your desk couple of months :)

• mislep Thursday, February 6, 2014 3:11 PM Reply
    Hi!
    yes I agree 101% your last post.
    About SPI, yes it's slow because it's a serial communication. Advantage : only 2 wires. I developed a SPI application with the Raspberry. it's quiet easy tu use it. But I prefer I2c on both Arduino and Raspberry.
    On my project, the speed is not THE criteria Nb 1 (mapping GPS display). My deal is just to send data to the display!
    Ok about the display. At time, the chat possibility is closed due to the China New Year. I waiting for the free access to this service, hopping that the information comes before the next two months!
    I tried to find an equivalence of WBYJB 03 : nothing.
    73, Mike

• Alekzander2013 Friday, February 7, 2014 10:05 AM Reply
    Good luck in your ptojects! :)
    It may looks weird, but i'm not have one :)
    I just fighting with SDCC compiler for STM8 chip. It generates very bad code, but coding in assembly is not an option either. So, as soon as i get it to work close enough to my expectations, i will think of what kind of a project i should work on :)
    DX offers good deal of hardware choice, so i hope it would be fun and productive :)

post edited by Alekzander2013 on 2/7/2014 at 10:37 AM
«Reply to this thread (in Arduino Enthusiasts)
Arduino Enthusiasts

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere