Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Has any one noticed this DX shipping quirk?

• lumos Wednesday, February 26, 2014 3:02 AM Reply
    Hi. I was going over present and past dx orders (ugh! paperwork) and i noticed something odd and don't quite know what to make of it.
    Normally you get a confirmation email on either the order or "order shipped". I noticed that for every dx order i never received in the mail, i didn't get a confirmation email of. I know that sometimes there are backlogs of orders but my recent order is now been shipped over a week ago and i had to come check on it which i normally do any way (Chinese holiday or not) several times a week.
    I didn't receive a "order shipped" email on my most recent order which makes me wonder. It is going to come in?
    Any one else come across this?

P.S. No the emails are not being spam blocked.
    Posts(80) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by lumos on 2/26/2014 at 3:06 AM
  • chelsea2003 @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, February 26, 2014 9:18 AM Reply
    @lumos
    Hi,your order 140216001073907504 has been shipped on 2/21/2014 11:14:36 AM with the tracking number RB991560126HK.You may track it via:http://www.17track.net/index.shtml
    2014-02-24 00:00, The item (RB991560126HK) left Hong Kong for its destination on 24-Feb-2014
    Please wait for your package,thanks for your patience.
    Posts(1007) | Reviews | Tip post

• lumos Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:43 AM Reply
    Thanks. I had checked that.

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:53 AM Reply
    @chelsea2003
    You've been made aware that this is a site-bug in threadid.1362062, and most likely in other threads too.
    Providing accurate information and handing these cases over to the IT-department is part of your job description, which is possibly not part of your job subscription is repeating things customers already knew.

@happyVicky
    IT department have ever informed that they had fixed this issue well.
    Apparantly not even close, any proof that they really fixed it?
    I think only some of our customers cannot receive the notification email.
    Can you name any customers where it was confirmed they have indeed received those mails in the past weeks? Or is it simply that none of the customers receive the mail, and any feedback about it just gets a similar response like Chelsea gave, and no cases being forwarded to IT?

EDIT: after my hassle with an unnamed ticket operator(Vicky knows the ticket) I'm really irritable when it comes to stafmembers simply repeating information everybody already knew, even worse if it's information which isn't really productive to solve the real issues.
    unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Voriki on 2/26/2014 at 11:55 AM
  • lumos Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:56 AM Reply
    Alright. Thanks for the information Voriki.

I do have an off hand question though. Why is peoples personal/private order#'s and such posted in a public forum. I did get a pm with chelsea2003's response. Perhaps i am not used to it even if similar customers private information has appeared in other threads.

post edited by lumos on 2/26/2014 at 12:07 PM
  • ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, February 26, 2014 2:36 PM Reply
    *lumos,
    An order number is not all that personal. Other customers cannot access your account even if they know the number. The other one I am more careful with is the tracking number because some countries’ tracking services allow personal information to be available just from the number.

I was made aware by a Canadian, who advised that Canada Post’s tracking site gives out one’s name, address and, if I remember, email address just by punching in the number! For that reason, if I am trying to help someone on the forum with advice, I sometimes ask them for the content of their tracking# info but not the number unless they offer it.

China Post tracking site and 17track don’t give anything personal away apart from destination country. In fact very little they give out translates into English well enough to be of any use. No amount of asking will get DX to advise what their “set phrases” mean unfortunately. That is preferable to the Canadian idea though. To me, that is too much “freedom of information”!
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere