Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Site Bug Reports)
Site Bug Reports

DX not sending PM emails

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, March 30, 2014 5:04 AM Reply
    @DonnieBrasco

For over a year we have not received an email when we are sent a PM. For example, http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1279674#1280164.

I think @Janmee looked into it on at least one occasion but found he did get an email, so was not able to confirm it was a problem. Janmee, is that right? Do the two of you get an email for this PM?
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, April 7, 2014 9:49 AM Reply
    @DonnieBrasco are you on holiday?
    Remembering 30 years.

• Janmee Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:43 AM Reply
    I don't have email of this PM or other PMs NOW and BEFORE, NEVER. I only get email as I participate a topic which is update by other users. And I can get the PMs' news alert when I login and click forum section. Is that a problem?

Posts(4706) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:05 AM Reply
    We used to get email notifications for PMs and it worked well. I thought a staff member looked into why we weren't getting them any more but whoever it was found they did still get the emails. We wondered if it was because the emails still worked for staff sending to other staff. That was a long time ago, so maybe my memory is going fuzzy.

Yes, it is a problem for people who seldom visit the forums, or visit only threads. If I want to get their attention to get them to visit the forum (to see a particular thread) they need to visit the forum first. It defeats the purpose. Of course, when they visit the forum they also need to notice they have a new PM waiting for them; that's not displayed in forum threads. Someone who now only visits threads they get an update email for (that they have posted in and are subscribed to) might never realise they have a PM.

For example, even Voriki missed that he had a 2 PMs "after hardly being active" - http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1363163?page=3#1366972.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:21 AM Reply
    I don't have email of this PM or other PMs NOW and BEFORE, NEVER.

We discussed it in http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1249095. You said "Sorry but I have clicked the Also send a private e-mail button, all of you didn't receive it?" Also "I don't know I tried, but I can receive the email! That's strange!" It was strange, and we never got an answer from IT.

@DonnieBrasco are you still on holiday? Or have you been fired or promoted?
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:41 AM Reply
    Why is nothing happening with this?
    Remembering 30 years.

• dogfuntom Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:44 AM Reply
    Never received PM emails. Well, I never received PMs too. Until few month ago, when I received invitation to get gift for finding errors in products details. And I missed it because only today after few months I accidentaly discovered those PMs and learned that PM system exist and that there was gifts few months ago.
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:58 AM Reply
    That might be why it is seldom that all 10 fault finders post an order number in each fault finders thread.
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, May 28, 2014 9:23 AM Reply
    It has just been pointed out that 5 fault finders have not yet posted an order number for the latest fault finders giveaway: http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1372092. I think it's because they don't know about it. @Zirantest who is supposed to be looking after bug reports?
    Remembering 30 years.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, September 3, 2014 6:25 AM Reply
    Another example where it has caused a problem. When is this even going to be looked at?

http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1345230?page=9#1393382
    Thanks, Janmee. Somehow I don't recall ever seeing a message notification or email, so I just noticed that I had won something today, 9 months later.
    Remembering 30 years.

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Site Bug Reports)
Site Bug Reports

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere