Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Hot Deals & Coupons)
Hot Deals & Coupons

Thread Closed MVProduct Shopping Season!24 Hr Shipping!(Updated)

• javansanten Friday, April 25, 2014 1:41 AM Reply
    There seems to e a serious flaw in the system. When you agree to the discounted priceand let PayPay do the verification, Pay Pal charges the full amount. Possibly because the coupon has expired but you do not have the chance to reject the higher price. This happend twice in my case. So I do not particioate any moe in the snap up game.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• javansanten Friday, April 25, 2014 1:50 AM Reply
    In addition to my previous messgae where I mentioned that twiceDX wrongly charged the fullamount, I want to mention that I managed 2 times to pick up an item for0.01$. In both cases itwas not the most popular of the two options.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• AlphaOmega2k Friday, April 25, 2014 2:10 AM Reply
    Shame on DX!
    It's resources are not enough to handle such a big promotion! Refreshing pages - few minutes instead of seconds. Impossibility to checkou due to DX server overload. Shame on you, DX! You failed your loyal customers again!
    Posts(172) | Reviews | Tip post

• atomicrabbit Friday, April 25, 2014 2:22 AM Reply
    Unfortunately I think what most (or all) of you guys are failing to understand is that the majority of products have over 2000 likes and only FIVE are available! And there's probably much more than 2000 people trying to buy it at that exact moment. So whether you like it or not, AT LEAST 99.9975% of everyone trying to buy this will be sadly let down. There are 5 people in the entire world that got that stupid beard trimmer today... and they're not here b*tching because they're celebrating that they got a free beard trimmer. Deal with it. And understand the idea of this promotion.
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• GustavoAA76 Friday, April 25, 2014 3:51 AM Reply
    i found a prove that the promotion is really a big joke:

http://youtu.be/D39Hxu1L5SQ

Look at the video, the agent says that the system can release util 500 coupon, but only five will work.

So we can say that 500 people obtain the coupon today, but 495 was injured.

It's really a big joke.
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by GustavoAA76 on 4/25/2014 at 3:59 AM
  • atomicrabbit Friday, April 25, 2014 4:18 AM Reply
    500 people will be able to apply the coupon but only 5 people will be able to successfully check out. I don't see a problem with this. It may be a little tricky, but right from the beginning of the promo they didn't hide that only 5 people can win. It wasn't a secret. You people are all acting like you deserve to win. it's a promotional game for f*ck's sake. It's really not a complicated concept. You're just getting angry because you want some cheap gadgets for free. If you think it's a big joke or waste of time, feel free to leave and not play anymore. It will give oter people who aren't b*tching about it a better chance.

The concept is that ONLY 5 people will be able to buy product X at a specific time. There's no magic or cheating going on here that I can see. Eve the tech support guy on the youtube vid said "it's luck or network speed"

• GustavoAA76 Friday, April 25, 2014 4:30 AM Reply
    I think that can use the coupon two times, pay and after pay the system says that the pay was not enough because the price of the product change to the original is really revolting atomicrabbit.

Correcting you atomicrabbit: 500 peoples will be able to apply the coupon and 500 peoples will be able to apply check out, but only five peoples will be able to pay the product with $0,01. The 495 other will see after check out the product with the original price after paid the tracking code ($1,70) and the system will says that the payment is not enough, like heppened with me. And I see a big problem with this.

And server capacity of DX matter so much more than luck and network speed.

post edited by GustavoAA76 on 4/25/2014 at 5:12 AM
  • atomicrabbit Friday, April 25, 2014 6:03 AM Reply
    @GustavoAA76: were you charged the full amount without knowing it? If you were not successfully charged it's ok. I agree that what the user sees is not very obvious/intuitive, but as long as the user doesn't get charged the full amount without knowing it, it's not as terrible as you make it out to be.

• GustavoAA76 Friday, April 25, 2014 6:10 AM Reply
    @atomicrabbit Ok, and about your last setence, a think that it is because i'm not native or have no experience in english, so I feel that is dificult to me express exactly what I want to mean. Excuse me if I was arrogant.

post edited by GustavoAA76 on 4/25/2014 at 6:19 AM
  • AlphaOmega2k Friday, April 25, 2014 1:16 PM Reply
    atomicrabbit,
    as for me, I am angry about DX because lately almost every contest was a fraud. This time I thought it would be fair. When I made a first try and did not win, i was NOT disappointed, because I got clear explanation - coupon expired (5 people took it). But on the second attempt, there was no such error - coupon applied ok, but when trying to check out, DX servers were halted due to too much requests from users - DX does not have a compatibility to run contests like this - their servers just went down. Some users lost their chance to win and some users lost their money because DX charged them a full prise. THAT'S a fraud! THAT'S what are all complaints about.
    Posts(172) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 7 of 9
Go to Page:
Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere