Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Products Request)
Products Request

Taxes from the new eu DX ???

• PCDOCDK Thursday, May 1, 2014 12:18 AM Reply
    Hi would like to hear about the new EU site and how its tax free in eu or same rules like from Hongkong DX
    because in Denmark we have a limit of about 14 $ before we should pay some monster taxes and penality tax if cought :-)
    When it is a eu firm it has no limit so is it the same for EU DX or ???
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• Smile2014 @DX Staff @DX Staff Saturday, May 3, 2014 4:16 PM Reply
    @PCDOCDK

Sorry to the late reply.
    In EU DIRECT, all orders are no VAT. The minimum order is $30. And if you buy more $30, you do not pay the extra shipping.Then if you buy less than $30, you need pay the extra shipping

Any question, please feel free contact us.

Best Regards
    Posts(645) | Reviews | Tip post

• NNielsen Wednesday, May 7, 2014 3:34 AM Reply
    I just want to clear up some misinformation here, as it seems the DX staff member doesn't understand the full extent of the Danish tax system.

When you order from within the EU, there's no extra Danish VAT of 25 % to pay unless seller has sold items to Danish buyers for more than 280,000 DKK (~50,000USD) the previous year, and even then it's up to the seller to make sure that the correct amount, including Danish VAT, is charged.

The thing is, DX is NOT located in the EU and therefore all items are NOT shipped from within the EU and this is the only thing that counts when it comes to Danish VAT: where the order is shipped from. As a result, all orders sent from DX that exceeds the triviality limit of 80DKK (just under 15USD) will cost the buyer an additional 25 % VAT and a customs fee of 160DKK (~30 USD)

In short: if you are in Denmark and you order stuff from any part of DX for a total of more than $14, it's gonna cost ya.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Smile2014 @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, May 7, 2014 10:23 AM Reply
    @NNielsen

Thanks for your reminding.
    We checked Danish TAX system, you are right.
    Importing products form Non-EU countries in Denmark, you need to pay customs tax and VAT.
    But we do not exchange the minimum order ($30) now. if Danish packages are held in customs and you paid the tax, you can send the tax invoice to us. Then we would compensate for the tax amount. And we will comply with the tax system of your country.
    Any question, please feel free contact us here.

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, May 7, 2014 11:26 AM Reply

@Smile2014
    I'm not Danish, just curious. Will the 25% tax refund from DX be paid as store credit or paid directly into their C/C or PayPal account?
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• jaimef Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:04 AM Reply
    It look nice.

Let's see if i understand what's happen here.
    Dx pay the taxes for the merchandise in Netherlands, and put in the EU Circuit. It's legal for sure, big USA brands do the same.
    Congratulations for help us found cheap and useful thing's in our Old Continent (EU).

Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:34 AM Reply

I may be wrong jaimef but my understanding of Smile2014’s message is slightly different to yours. I think s/he means that if your parcel is held by the Post Office for payment of tax, you pay it and DX refund you on presentation of the tax invoice. Is that how it works @Smile2014?
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• jaimef Thursday, May 8, 2014 5:49 AM Reply
    Hi,

I think not. They pay because they know the reason is on their side.
    Look the prices are slight high then DX.com
    Yes they pay the taxes in Netherlands, it's dissolved in the final price.
    See why they use NL Post.
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• Smile2014 @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:01 AM Reply
    @ozOzo

We will refund the tax amount to buyer, or give buyer a coupon as compensation.

• Smile2014 @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, May 8, 2014 10:42 AM Reply
    @jaimef
    @ozOzo

After you pay the tax, you need to offer us the valid invoice document.
    After we confirm the invoice,we would give you the tax compensation.

Then Because Direct is free express, the price would be slightly high than DX.com.

Page 1 of 9
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Products Request)
Products Request

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere