DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Stupid things.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 10, 2014 9:55 PM Reply
    I know I'm not alone in this subject. (maybe)

Have you ever done something so inherently stupid that you wished you were someone else, just so you could kick yourself in the a$$?

Two days ago, I posted a reply in the forums, and later noticed a typo. When I got back to it later, I was about to edit it but got distracted. So again later, I tried to edit it, but it refused to let me edit it. Naturally my first thought was that DX broke something again, like they seem to do on a monthly basis. I tried for about 10 minutes and was really getting mad. I was swearing at DX, the computer screen, Steve Jobs for making PCs popular and affordable, Bill Gates for windows 8, and anything and anyone else that came to mind.

It was then that I realized that I forgot to click on the edit icon, and was trying to edit the actual page. And editing posts is hardly a new thing for me. At one point, I seriously considered changing my sig to "edit -typo" to keep from having to type that in so many of my posts. lol

Anyway, I thought maybe you'd get a laugh, and have a story of your own. :)
    ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(11529) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 17, 2014 12:18 PM Reply
    LOL.

sheepish Saturday, December 11, 2010 1:23 AM...

I was on the "other" site earlier today trying to find the tint bins of a couple of LEDs and you wouldn't believe how long it took me to realise the tint bins were in plain sight in the titles. Stupid not to include them in the descriptions, but after I found them I did look a little, um, sheepish...
    DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(23547) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:52 PM Reply
    Heheh.

I managed to "out-stupid" myself yesterday. I locked myself out of my own email service. Cleared cache and had to sign in, but used the wrong password. After too many attempts to sign in, I had to answer a bunch of questions to verify my identity. I also stupidly gave the wrong answer to one of those verification questions they ask. (like the name of your first pet, what hospital were you born in etc) Then I had to answer even more questions, and wait 24 hrs for a reply. Luckily though, I tried to sign in again (with the right password this time) about an hour later, and it worked fine, as if nothing had happened at all. Whew!

I told the wife about the "trying to edit my post blunder", but can't work up the courage to tell her about this one. lol

• FallenArchangel Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 18, 2014 7:09 PM Reply
    lol

I kind of find myself doing something similar though, when I use the iPad to type notes. The popup menu is different when the software keyboard pops up, to when it is not visible and I often find myself briefly annoyed about it not letting me select, cut and paste whilst trying to rephrase/rework some text, when the keyboard isn't visible (and hence I'm not in edit mode and so can't cut anything etc.). I notice it fairly quickly but there's so often that moment of frustration before the D'Oh! lol
    DX stealing?
    http://tiny.cc/DX-theft

We all have wings, but some of us don't know why...

tiny.cc/s20nfw

imdb.com/title/tt1568334
    imdb.com/title/tt0486585

Posts(3432) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 23, 2014 8:29 PM Reply
    Stupid question.

Does Janmee PM himself every time he posts, because of his sig? ;)

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 23, 2014 8:32 PM Reply
    That should be easy to test.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 23, 2014 8:39 PM Reply
    Nothing so far, but I once got a PM notification more then a week after it was made. I mentioned it at the time, but have no idea how long ago, or which thread it was in. I think it was from ozOzo though.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, June 23, 2014 8:41 PM Reply
    I think it doesn't work.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, July 07, 2014 1:33 AM Reply
    LOL Another D'OH! moment.

I unsubscribed from this thread > http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1375954?page=3 only to get an email from it not long after. I forgot to not click "Subscribe to this thread" on my way out. If sheepish hadn't mentioned it, I might have never figured out why I couldn't unsubscribe.

• Nishant123 Monday, July 07, 2014 5:21 AM Reply
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1381848
    slow as hell
    Lol
    What does that mean?
    Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(835) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Nishant123 on 7/7/2014 at 5:22 AM
Page 1 of 83
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Off Topic)
Off Topic

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere