Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

DG310 touch screen doesnt respond!?

• DrSannerholm Tuesday, September 23, 2014 12:35 AM Reply
    I have a big problem with my touch screen, it feels like it's not calibrated or something!?
    First, the outer edges along the screen works very bad, is not sensitive enough, I could press/touch the screen 4-10 times sometimes. Similar problem when i want to move an application or widget from one place to another on the desktop, I can see that the screen notice my finger but the app/widget menu doesn't appear. Same problem when I want to remove an application or widget. First trying to select the app but most often the app/widget doesn't react. If it reacts I have to move it slowly slowly slowly up to the bin/trash can. Often I have to try this 3-4 times before the bin/trash turns red and accepts the app/widget that I want to remove.

Please help me!
    Posts(10) | Reviews | Tip post

• gorandi Tuesday, September 23, 2014 2:06 AM Reply
    Try to install other launcher
    Posts(144) | Reviews | Tip post

• DrSannerholm Tuesday, September 23, 2014 3:58 AM Reply
    I certainly hope that it's not HW problem, in that case it feels like I'm screwed! I will never get my money back or a new phone! Regarding launchers, I always using GO Launcher. In this case I tried four different launchers incl. GO, and as you understand it's the same problem. The problem isn't on the same spot, and sometimes it goes away on one spot if I change screen or open a application. But the screen is always only 75% okay. I have tried to press on the screen with my fingers with no outcome, I dont think it's some cable connection problem either.

I had hope that someone would tell me that this is a FW or a screen calibration issue. Many of the phones I tried have some kind of calibration tool. There is no FW on Doogees official site and when I asked them on their forum the deleted my question, as the problem would go away... (so F... stupid!!!!)

post edited by DrSannerholm on 9/23/2014 at 4:04 AM
  • gorandi Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:33 AM Reply
    Then open a ticket with dx

• DrSannerholm Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:41 AM Reply
    I dont feel like they going to be objective. Perhaps I end up paying $35 for shipping and then they say, we think it's good enough.

• gorandi Tuesday, September 23, 2014 4:46 AM Reply
    I had good experience with dx support in the past .At least they can give you some better advice ...

• juliazp @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, September 23, 2014 1:17 PM Reply
    If your phone is on, turn it off.
    Press & hold the Volume Down button, and then press & hold the Power button simultaneously until the device turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow drawn around it.
    Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight Recovery mode.
    Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."
    While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
    Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
    Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.

Note: If at any point during the above steps your phone becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the Power button for several seconds.
    Posts(118) | Reviews | Tip post

• DrSannerholm Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:39 PM Reply
    I found this information some days ago and I have allready tried to reboot the phone several times. But I think that this description is for a different phone!? I first tried to follow the instructions burt it diddnet wor so Ill tryied some trail and error on my own.

And eventually I got it to work!

There should be, Press & hold the Volume Down button (up, not down, down takes you to a Chines instruction of some kind), and then press & hold the Power button simultaneously until the device turns on. You'll see the word "Start" (no, there is not the Word "Start" on the display, just Doogee until the phone goes to boot menu), with an arrow drawn around it. (no again)
    Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight Recovery mode. (press up to move marker, then down to execute/enter)
    Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode (press down to enter Recovery mode). You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command." (this is something that tells you that you done a wrong choice. If you do as I described you want get the Android with red question mark) While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
    Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
    Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.

So anyway, I did this and it doesn't work!

But, this morning Ill trid Launcher nr 5 that Ill never used before, Nova Launcher and with better result. Still I have problems to get the screen to react everywhere when I touch it. But this time the menu that falls ut when pressing an icon on the desktop is facing/falling out "under" the icon instead of up. This seems to make it mush easier for the phone to understand what I want to do.

In my World this must be (I hope) a fw problem, or a need to calibrate the screen. I certainly hope that someone have the solution!

• DrSannerholm Tuesday, September 23, 2014 5:51 PM Reply
    Perhaps the support are more competent. I found that the sales customer support arent interested at all to read information in e-mails. If you have two questions it´s best to ask the first one, get a cryptic often non relevant pre-written answer that will tell you almost nothing.
    The you have to create a new ticket with the new question, and the answer would be practically the same as above!

So with this in mind I fell quit worried that I will pay both for the shipping to DX, then they think that the problem is minor to them and Ill have to pay to get the phone back. This is unfortunately my experience with shopping from Asia. I have higher standards when buying something new! If its new it should be 100 % perfect, not a single fault or problem.

• matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, September 23, 2014 6:11 PM Reply
    is the charger plugged into phone? if so unplug it and try again, some chargers can interfere with touchscreen
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11866) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere