Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Hot Deals & Coupons)
Hot Deals & Coupons

Catch this Black Friday or Hold on for next year!

• Corroptev Friday, November 28, 2014 10:30 AM Reply
    Nice. No event..?
    I was watching this event all the time and the phones wheren't available until it was sold out, BEFORE(!!!) the time limit which was supposed to start black friday shopping. It seems to me unfair. It consumed me some time and I'm really dissappointed. :/
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• Tinnie159 Friday, November 28, 2014 10:30 AM Reply
    wtf how can that phone be sold out already before the timer even ended ???
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• JJTucker Friday, November 28, 2014 12:07 PM Reply
    They should change the name to ScamExtreme.
    Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• jazz123cz Friday, November 28, 2014 1:14 PM Reply
    ... fake Black Friday? LOL ;)
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• CheapDude Friday, November 28, 2014 2:00 PM Reply
    WTF!*#? At 5:17 PST, the countdown timer said there were 43 minutes left (which was consistent w/the email they sent me) before the black Friday Sale w/the Doogee phone (#316525) began. The phone was listed for full price maybe four hours earlier and was then available. However, almost 45 minutes before[/u]the sale was to begin, the price had already been dropped to the sale price of about $12 and was sold out. I tried again from 5:55 PST to 6:05 PST and, on the few times the page would load w/o a timeout, it still showed the sale price AND that it was sold out.

I wonder if they ever had any at that price. Be more clever folks -- just make sure attempts to hit that page or access a shopping cart with that item in it times out from about five minutes before the start of the sale and five minutes after and a couple minutes after the sale starts, change the status to 'Sold Out'. That might fool more of your customers who would just think they were too slow and/or the servers were too loaded and they just weren't lucky.

At least in Brick-and-Mortar stores, you can line up and know where you are and also they actually open on time and have at least a few of each product available.

Deal Extreme just doesn't seem worth the hassle for me anymore. USPS shipping was always a pain as my postman never bothers to knock and just leaves a 'pickup at post office' note in my box so I have to drive to the Post Office and wait in (long) lines. Now this.

DX is lucky they are not in California - the California Department of Consumer Affairs frowns on false and misleading advertising and levies some pretty heavy fines and sanctions. Oh well, I guess one should expect a caveat emptor attitude from foreign domiciled companies.

• stefandem Friday, November 28, 2014 2:58 PM Reply
    CheapDude I strongly agree with you.
    The time in my country was 4am and I placed an alarm to buy that phone at $12
    I woke up and realized it was sold out.

It's a shame. I am a DX customer for 5 years.
    If you have helped me and I didn't reply with a thank you,
    Consider I said it. :-)

Posts(1293) | Reviews | Tip post

• joaatr2 Friday, November 28, 2014 4:39 PM Reply
    Same happened to me . I woke up at 3:00 am and set up 2 computers. When the blackout started this phone (SKU: 316525) was already sold. I think the phone was never available. My impression is that DX has laughed at our face.

• Zyrkonim Friday, November 28, 2014 5:32 PM Reply
    I don't know what they gain but I think they lost big time with this last scam...I stopped buying from DX some time ago because of their bad customers service and other small scams and move to other online retailer from china ...I get back here thinking maybe something good will be this time...nice move cheatextreme, your GREAT DEAL will make you lose lots of customer and everybody should start boicot DX
    Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

• JasonXro Friday, November 28, 2014 6:27 PM Reply
    I am very disappointed. offer was completed although there was plenty of time to finish until that timer. how is that possible? I came after 12 hours of work and I stayed up until that time to catch a piece and I even make it to my mother's gift. : ((. Very disappointed.
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• Chieftain Friday, November 28, 2014 7:35 PM Reply
    Black Friday? pffffffff........... what a hoax and swindle.
    The items that were realy low in price were sold out before the actual sales started.
    DX did everything to get customers to their site, but is cheating on them the very same moment.
    I am disapointend and looking for an alternative for XMas shopping.
    Anyone?

edit:
    OMG, now the Item is still sold out, but they put back the old price again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.dx.com/p/presale-doogee-valencia-dg800-quad-core-android-4-4-2-phone-w-4-5-ips-back-touch-gps-ota-316525?utm_source=dx&utm_medium=albums&utm_campaign=20141128blackfriday#.VHhe1MlzLqo

post edited by Chieftain on 11/28/2014 at 7:40 PM
Page 3 of 5
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Hot Deals & Coupons)
Hot Deals & Coupons

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere