Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Rechargeable flashlight?

• code2006 Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:32 AM Reply
    Hi does dx sell a flash light that you can plug in a power source to the flashlight to charge the battery's instead of having a battery charger?

The torch would need to be quite powerful for night time patrolling
    Thanks
    Posts(60) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 11, 2014 6:00 PM Reply
    the battery's instead

I've never known a battery to have an instead.

@gasbag11.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 11, 2014 8:46 PM Reply
    sku.350731 is the only one I found, because it's a PITA to click on every light that includes a charger to see what type of charger is included. Many lights include chargers, but the batteries have to be removed and placed in the charger. This one also includes a car charger, but you'll have to order batteries as none are included.

I know nothing about the light and there are no reviews, but it should be bright enough for most purposes. I've had good luck with all my UltraFire lights though. (flashlights, NOT batteries)

If you're interested in sku.350731, I, or others can recommend some good batteries.

Btw, if you want a light that plugs directly into a wall outlet, there are several, but none of the ones that I've seen are very good, and I definitely wouldn't recommend them for serious use.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12566) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 11, 2014 9:11 PM Reply
    There are some lights that have USB ports and can be charged with a USB device (like a computer)

sku.253078 is a very good light, but it's a little expensive. sku.293289 also has a USB port and it's much cheaper. Either should be bright enough.

edit - neither comes with batteries though.

There are more lights with USB ports here. > http://www.dx.com/s/flashlight%2busb%2bcharger?category=1307
    Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 12/11/2014 at 9:18 PM
  • code2006 Friday, December 12, 2014 2:58 AM Reply
    Thanks gasbag11
    They r the sort of torches I need
    Ones that I can charge with in the torch instead of having to take battery out
    Any more powerful ?
    Don't mind spending a bit more as its for work
    Thanks

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 12, 2014 3:40 AM Reply
    Do you mean lights like sku.350731, or like the ones that can be recharged with USB devices?

What distances are involved? How far away do you need to see?
    Ask them.

• code2006 Friday, December 12, 2014 4:29 AM Reply
    That's quite cheap but is it really 900lm?
    As long as I can charge it in my van via 12v or usb I'm happy
    I had an led lenser till it went missing and I always had it half way on the setting
    Distance isn't all that important but I don't want a flood type if u get what I mean
    In between would be perfect but power is quite important tho as well
    Thanks

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 12, 2014 5:08 AM Reply
    That's quite cheap but is it really 900lm?

If you're asking about sku.350731, it won't be 900 lm, mainly because it's a zoom light. Zoom lights lose a lot of lm because they don't have reflectors, among other reasons. A rough guess would be about half the rated lm for most zoom lights.

Any of the lights in the link I gave, that have 600 lm or more, and have reflectors, should be more than bright enough for almost any use. I don't have any to recommend, so you'll have to read any reviews you can find. Youtube has a lot of reviews/videos about flashlights. Just search the name of the light there.

The Nitecore and Jetbeam lights in the link are high quality, and should be very reliable.

If you find something you're interested in, just post the sku # here if you need more info. :)
    Ask them.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:40 PM Reply
    sheepish, I just got your PM this morning. lol
    Ask them.

• code2006 Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:25 AM Reply
    Which battery's are the best to buy? Found the torch I want but need battery's for it now
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere