Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Very weird!

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:39 AM Reply
    Got it today and noticed something very odd when I tried it out. It will only turn on every other time you plug it in to a USB port. Plug it in and it works fine, unplug it and plug it back in and it doesn't work. It happens every time on either USB port on my PC, or on a power bank with a USB port.

Aside from that, it's very flexible, yet rigid enough to stay where you want it, and there's no flickering/dimming at all if you bend or move it around while it's on.

It's brighter than I expected too. Almost too bright for a keyboard light because it's so close. I may wind up covering about 75% of the lens when I try it in the dark later.

I've never had anything only work every other time it was plugged in before, and wonder if it's designed that way, and if so, why?
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12577) | Reviews | Tip post

• MJdub Friday, December 19, 2014 12:41 AM Reply
    Whoa....you're right! I just got the white version and haven't used it much since I got it. But I had to try it out once I read this, and it definitely only turns on every other time. I remember the second or third time I plugged it in and it didn't turn on, but didn't think much of it. Now suddenly I remember that clearly and I realize why it didn't turn on.

I've been trying to think of a reason for this since it appears to be intentional...I can't imagine why it does this.
    Posts(85) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 19, 2014 1:45 AM Reply
    LOL

It took me a while to figure out what was going on. I plugged it in port A, it worked. Plugged it in port B, nothing. Back to A, it worked. Power bank, nothing. I finally unplugged it and plugged it back in the same port and then realized what the problem was.

I was wondering if there's a 2 mode (Hi Lo) version since it's so bright. Maybe they use the same circuitry for this one, and it goes off instead of switching to the next mode? I can't see why it would be intentionally designed this way, if not.

edit - typo
    Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 12/19/2014 at 1:46 AM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 19, 2014 7:24 AM Reply
    After a little more fooling around, I noticed if you unplug while it's on, and wait about a minute, it will be on again when you plug it back in. :O
    Ask them.

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, December 19, 2014 9:33 AM Reply
    "This is weird, it only works in USB socket A..." LOL.

I like the two mode idea.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

• gorandi Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:05 AM Reply
    It would be nice to have lower light level mode as well
    Posts(144) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:33 AM Reply
    I covered about 75% of the lens with a piece of electrical tape. It's perfect for a keyboard light now. :)

edit - typo
    Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 2/24/2015 at 6:23 AM
  • gorandi Tuesday, February 24, 2015 5:36 AM Reply
    I covered it whole 100 %
    Posts(144) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere