Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Why are my reviews with low ratings unapproved?

• Kaelee Wednesday, December 31, 2014 6:31 AM Reply
    i have the habit of giving honest reviews on most orders i make on dx. I have received 2 electronic products that failed to work and reviewed them stating exactly how the products got to me. They were unapproved. The products i rated high were approved? What then is the benefit of reviewing products if only positive reviews are allowed?

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, December 31, 2014 8:58 AM Reply
    Non-working item reviews are never approved. Return it and get a working item to review it. Even if it works poorly, it must at least work.
    ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(12260) | Reviews | Tip post

• Happyvicky @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, December 31, 2014 2:00 PM Reply
    @Kaelee
    Here are some of the things that can cause a review to be rejected:

- Review written in non-English languages
    - Offensive or abusive language.
    - Hyperlinks and URLs which lead to other stores and resellers or competitors. Please note this applies to forum posts also.
    - Price and availability changes very quickly, so please avoid inclusion of such information.
    - Posting of a question. Please post such queries in forums or support instead.
    - Replies to existing customer reviews. Please leave discussions to the forums.
    - Comparisons to competing brands or products of competing brands.
    - Criticism of DX's service (While we welcome a chance to serve you better, a review is hardly the place to speak about service, you're welcome to post such a comment in the forums instead).
    - Reviews for products that are out of stock and won't be available soon.
    - Reviews that are overly simple. Please be informative.
    - Any personal contact information such as e-mail address and phone numbers.
    I'll have my maternity leave from next week(my baby will be born in a mo
    nth), and I may be back to office a
    round mid-December.
    If you have anything to query, please contact Maye_Tao.
    Thank you. :)

Posts(7247) | Reviews | Tip post

• kostependrhs Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:49 PM Reply
    Same here: http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1412347
    The above excuses sound like bulls*** to me. Dx simply wont publish reviews with detailed description of all the cons of a product.
    But future customers have to know in details about rubbish products to avoid them. And about dx s inaccurate and misleading product details.
    Sell better quality products or close it down.
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• Rukawa Wednesday, December 31, 2014 7:57 PM Reply
    DOA is part of the user experience. Therefore it should not be censored.
    Posts(64) | Reviews | Tip post

• LAL Moderator Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:11 PM Reply
    DOA reviews have to be censored, as it does not add anything to evaluate a product (only that you got a lemon)
    Forum Mod - *not* DX™ Staff
    ******* Forum Rules: http://dxurl.com/RX4j *******
    How to contact DX --> https://cs.dx.com

O homem comum fala, o sábio escuta, o tolo discute, o babaca insulta
    Posts(36826) | Reviews | Tip post

• Rukawa Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:14 PM Reply
    Other retailers definitely include DOA reviews, such as amazon, bestbuy, etc.

Concealing DOA reviews is concealing the fact that the item has poor QA, a fact that all consumers should be aware of.

• LAL Moderator Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:18 PM Reply
    Sorry, but I got some DOA Items from microsoft and Logitech and it doesn't mean they have a bad QC, just sh** happens. Besides, reading such DOA reviews from those sites is IMHO a WASTE OF TIME
    Forum Mod - *not* DX™ Staff
    ******* Forum Rules: http://dxurl.com/RX4j *******
    How to contact DX --> https://cs.dx.com

O homem comum fala, o sábio escuta, o tolo discute, o babaca insulta
    Posts(36826) | Reviews | Tip post

• Rukawa Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:30 PM Reply
    This is where I disagree.

The reviews are supposed to be reflective of the overall product experience. For a small sample size of 5. You may get
    1. 5 Great, everything works well
    2. 4 Great, everyting works well
    3. 3 OK, some parts not good
    4. 0 bad, dead on arrival.
    5. 0 bad, dead on arrival.

Obviously you can see by ignoring DOA reviews / rating, you artificially bump up the review average rating to 4 stars, but in reality 2 out of 5 would be a lemon. This applies to a bigger sample size.

There is NO transparency if DOA reports are hidden, a fact that all consumers should be aware of, since Chinese products are known to have higher DOA rates.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, December 31, 2014 9:49 PM Reply
    I've been buying from Amazon for about 8 years and I've probably read thousands of reviews there, and a large percentage of DOA reviews are due to users having no idea how to use the item they've bought. I've seen dozens of users complaining that AA batteries were to small to work in the flashlights they bought. Those flashlights use 18650 Li-ion batteries which resemble AAs in proportion, but are much bigger in actuality. Does that indicate poor QC, or poor user knowledge/research. Just because someone says something is DOA does not mean it actually was.

If you read 50 reviews that give an item 5 stars, and 1 that gives 1 star from someone who gives no details at all, would you consider that poor QC?
    ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(12260) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere