Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Products Request)
Products Request

PostNL - Sent to country of destination (~10 days)

• gangstaplaya Friday, January 16, 2015 4:49 AM Reply
    You can now track the package with the same code within the country of destination ;)
    http://www.posta-romana.ro/posta-romana/servicii-online/track-trace.html?track=RC311867758NL

I don't speak Romanian so I don't know what it says :)
    Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gangstaplaya on 1/16/2015 at 4:51 AM
  • Smile2014 @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:34 AM Reply
    @valmarvallu

The other four items are shipping to the destination.
    Please wait for few days more. Hope your kindly understand for the delay.
    Posts(645) | Reviews | Tip post

• quantiz Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:52 PM Reply
    I received my order yesterday. Both EU-direct and PostNL complied with their alleged timetables, even during the X-mas time: DX shipped it in 3 working days, and PostNL sent it from China through The Nederlands to Spain (Madrid) in 6 working days, for a total of 9 working days.

Unfortunately, PostNL's partner in Sapin (Correos) was flooded with parcels after the X-mas period, and they needed an additional amount of 11 (yes, eleven) working days to send it from Madrid to my town (~ 300 km).

The occasional delays caused by the local partners of PostNL shouldn't be overlooked by both customers abroad and EU-direct staff, because they can completely ruin the buying experience, if not advertised correctly. In my opinion, it should be emphasized that PostNL alleged times of delivery do NOT include the local transient time from the central reception town to the one where the customer lives, simply because their is not in their hands.

An additional item in my "constructive criticism" list is that there is no direct channel to inquiry PostNL about the status of the parcel, beyond their tracking service, once they hand it to their local partners. If the local partner does not update the status, your are left in a disgusting loophole where noone is responsible of your parcel. Eventually, you exit from it, but don't know exactly when.

Anyway, the item arrived in perfect condition and now I'm enyoying it :)

Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by quantiz on 1/22/2015 at 4:54 PM
  • gangstaplaya Thursday, January 22, 2015 6:18 PM Reply
    Have you tried to track the package with the track and trace page from Correos (the local distributer) itself? http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site/pagina-localizador_referencia_expedicion/sidioma=es_ES
    Just use the tracking number you used for Postnl.

-- I know you already received the package but if you haven't tried it yet, you should. It should still be in there system. Just to let us know if they track it :)

post edited by gangstaplaya on 1/22/2015 at 6:19 PM
  • quantiz Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:05 PM Reply
    @gangstaplaya Surely, I did: however, the only information they provided in their web page through all this time was that the parcel had been sent from The Netherlands on January the 3rd. Even though both track17 and PostNL tracking services updated the status on January the 6th, saying that the parcel was already in Spain since then, Correos didn't. I phoned them two times and their only answer was that they couldn't confirm (nor deny) that the item had actually been arrived in Spain... Then, suddenly, they updated the status yesterday to "At the local office", shortly before I received the parcel.

In the meantime, several spanish newspapers alerted about the chaotic situation at the Correos "CTI" (International Treatment Center) placed at Barajas airport in Madrid, where many parcels coming overseas are processed, before them being sent to their final destinations within the country. See, for instance this link

http://ccaa.elpais.com/ccaa/2015/01/07/madrid/1420663036_012560.html

That's why I guess the one to blame this time was Correos and not PostNL directly. But, who knows...

post edited by quantiz on 1/22/2015 at 8:10 PM
  • gangstaplaya Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:58 PM Reply
    Wow, that's the worst. Is the postal service in Spain already privatized? Since it became privatized in Belgium everything went allot better.

• quantiz Friday, January 23, 2015 1:22 AM Reply
    @gangstaplaya The postal service is liberalized in Spain. Correos is a public company doing both parcel and traditional mail services that, as many other public services in Spain, has been subject to extreme budget cuts recently. This, in turn has significantly reduced the number of its employees.

It seems, though, that an overreduction of the company's workforce has taken place using as an excuse the lower demands on traditional mail, while there has been a tremendous increase in the demand of their parcel services. In summary, the company has and still is being subject of large re-structuring plans that have this kind of side effects.

On the other hand, they are quite competent handling parcels where both the sender and the recipient is in Spain, which is not the case here, though... ;)

• Smile2014 @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, February 3, 2015 10:52 AM Reply
    @quantiz

Very sorry for the delay.
    In the past month, due to various reasons lead to these packages more delays. But most of countries have been normal now.
    Then we will make further efforts to optimize our logistics service.
    Posts(645) | Reviews | Tip post

• no_comment Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:18 PM Reply
    I got an email from dx on 28.02.2015. It said that my package has been shipped with postnl. But tracking still says that "the item is pre-adviced". That means that it has not received to holland. I wonder that where my shipment is? My tracking number is "RS218543334NL"
    Edit: Now it says :the item is at sorting center of postnl"
    Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by no_comment on 3/11/2015 at 7:46 PM
  • BikerMike Monday, March 16, 2015 5:32 PM Reply
    As there is no real EU Store, all orders leave DX HK for the so-called DX EU, then are readdressed, then posted via The NL Postal Service!
    So in actual fact it is just as fast to order direct with DX HK. Until now I have found no advantage whatsoever ordering through DX EU.
    After over five years of ordering direct in HK, of course I know the Chinese Mail Service is not the fastest. But NL is no better than Singapore Postal Services, used by many other Chinese Sellers.
    So time is wasted, and additional Postage costs are charged for orders under $30!
    A Total waste of time and effort!
    Posts(140) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 2 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Products Request)
Products Request

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere