DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Review (official review didn't work)

• eatatjoes10 Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:40 AM Reply
    Pros:
    - very small,
    - 1-2W, depends on the voltage,
    - good spread of light (but read below!)
    - good color
    - very small compared to a 35mm halo-spot

cons:
    - could be brighter
    - received 6 nice ones + 2 different ones!

I received 8 of them, all working. 2 of them have a slightly different lens with a smaller spread. The beam of the 6 is smoother at the edges, almost like a 35mm halo-spot. The two different ones have a beam with a very hard border from "full" to "nothing", what is not so nice. From the product photo I would guess, the 2 bad ones are these SKU.307799 that I ordered, and the 6 good ones are different! It's hard to see, but on the photos, the housing seems to have a small chamfer at the front, and that is, what my 2 bad ones have.

At 12V they take 90mA (thats only 1W!), at 13,5V they take 140mA, thats almost the claimed 2W, but the brightness is nearly equal for both voltages. At 12V they become warm, at 13,5V they become pretty hot, might be too much for them (small housing = bad cooling).
    I compared them side by side to a 10W and a 20W 35mm halo spot: these small LED-spots are nearly equal to the 10W, if both are driven at 12V. The color is a bit colder than the 10W halogen, but is equal to the 20W halogen color. Nice.

I want to replace my last 5 20W halogen-spots in the house. My hope was, that 8 of them could do the job, but it would take 10 of them, to have the same amount of light. The two different ones are not so good (bad light spread), so now I only have 6 good ones. If I'd order 2 or 4 more, I might get all of them with the bad light spread...
    Like that it's an expensive gamble, and not recommended.
    experienced toddler
    Posts(207) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere