Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

New hot end extruder problem...

• yayser Thursday, January 15, 2015 4:56 PM Reply
    Hi,

I bought this printer like 2 months ago. I had many problems with it since it arrived but I solved them on my own somehow. At the moment the problem with the existing hot end was that it was always clogging with PLA. I was never able to get a proper print out. It was always getting clogged. After some time for whatever reason I don't know the printer started not printing at all. The hot end extruder temperature never reached the target temperature. (I am using Repetier Host). I set the target to 200 Celcius and the heater reaches 195 and bounces back to 190 and goes up to 195 again, never reaching 200 so that the printing would start. So I thought let me change the whole hot end. Then I got a new one with aluminum cooling and fan. It came with its own heater and thermistor. Since the thermistors changed I measured the old one and the new one with a multimeter. The new one was showing 90K Ohms at room temperature and the old one was around 100-110K Ohms. So I thought it shouldn't be a problem. At the moment the clogging is solved with the new extruder but the temperature problem still goes on. That is the hot end never reaches the target temperature. I tried different target temperatures like 220, 200, 190, 170 and 150 degrees. It was able to reach the target only when I set it to 150 degrees. With a 170 degrees target it barely reached 168 degrees and went back down again. The other targets, 190, 200 and 220 degrees it never reaches. Therefore I think the thermistor table needs to be changed. I downloaded the firmware Marlin V1.0 and the driver for Sanguinololo board and I am ready to upload the firmware again. But I didn't do it before asking you. Please advice...
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• yayser Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:34 AM Reply
    May I ask how long it may take to get an answer? (No offense)

• Nishant123 Tuesday, January 20, 2015 5:33 PM Reply
    @AAAki
    Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(833) | Reviews | Tip post

• AAAki Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:08 AM Reply
    @yayser

Really sorry for my late reply.
    Could you please try to calibrate the temperature again? The temperature may is inaccurate.

Thank you very much for your patience.
    Posts(612) | Reviews | Tip post

• yayser Wednesday, January 21, 2015 3:47 PM Reply
    @AAAki

What do you mean calibrate the temperature? How do I do that?

post edited by yayser on 1/21/2015 at 3:47 PM
  • AAAki Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:38 PM Reply
    @yayser

As you have changed the hot end, so you should calibrate the temperature again, could you please check if the instruction mentions this?

Thanks.

• yayser Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:52 PM Reply
    @AAAki
    As far as I know to make a calibration of a measurement device you need to know the exact value of the measured variable you are dealing with. Since my hot end and the thermistor is new I don't understand how I can make a calibration. If only I had a thermometer that measures upto 250 degrees celcius then it would make sense to me. On the other hand the 5-page instruction manual unfortunately mentions nothing about a calibration. I have found no video relating to a "temperature calibration" either.

• AAAki Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:59 PM Reply
    @yayser

I will confirm with the supplier and try my best to reply you ASAP.
    Thank you very much for your patience.

• yayser Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:17 PM Reply
    @AAAki

Thank you.

• TimeC Thursday, January 22, 2015 4:17 PM Reply
    Hi,

Could you please try to upgrade the firmware via the following link?
    http://m5.img.dxcdn.com/CDDriver/xrj/356511.zip
    If it still not work, please let me know.
    Posts(105) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere