Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Computer)
Computer

You can install Linux on this netbook?

• hugox14 Friday, January 16, 2015 11:53 AM Reply
    Hi, I am interested to buy a netbook which is installed by default with android and I want to know if once purchased, I can install any linux distribution that can be supported by the machine.
    This is the notebook:
    http://www.dx.com/es/p/imos-wm8850-mid-7-screen-android-4-0-netbook-w-wi-fi-rj45-camera-hdmi-sd-card-slot-red-200131#.VLiBwCuG-AU

Thank you very much everyone.
    Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• nordicnurse Saturday, January 17, 2015 6:45 AM Reply
    Not without considerable difficulty if at all, that would be my guess. If there is ready-made rom for it you should find it quite easily by google.
    Posts(114) | Reviews | Tip post

• nenethebest Saturday, January 17, 2015 8:26 AM Reply
    You could install linux on that but then you haven't the drivers, if you search on google there are people that have install Debian on it. Good Luck if you want to try
    Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• elizabethdawson Tuesday, November 20, 2018 6:17 PM Reply

It guess, it simply requires just you have capacity to program correctly the parameters of the bootloader can be seen at custom writing company.

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Computer)
Computer

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere