Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

It hogs BIOS boot order settings

• ezdmanx2 Friday, January 16, 2015 5:54 PM Reply
    On my PC this takes up all of my BIOS boot order slots. I have 8 slots on my machine but this thing takes up the first 4 or 5. ie.: Boot from Compac slot, Boot from SD slot, Boot from MMC Slot etc..
    So now if I want to boot from CD or USB I have to physically open the PC and pull the card reader connection out of the PCI slot so my boot from CD and USB options make it back to my boot order sreen on the next restart.
    This may be related to the problem I had with other drivers where it created drives for each card reader / usb port in it. So drives C:/ through to like M:/ on my computer screen which was annoying enough.
    Has anyone a solution to this?
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

• ebpDoug Saturday, January 17, 2015 1:56 AM Reply
    I can't help on the boot issue.

As far as having each card type taking a drive letter after booting, a possible solution is to map the drives to local folders (do a web search on mapping drive to folder). I normally leave the drive letter for the card type I use most as-is and map all the other types to folders with suitable names. You can do this for card readers that are permanently attached or for drives and readers that are connected occasionally, such as those in a USB combo hard drive dock and card reader.
    Posts(1003) | Reviews | Tip post

• nordicnurse Saturday, January 17, 2015 7:11 AM Reply
    Some BIOSes can be set to take note of only UEFI drives, would it cause the card reader to be ignored? Would moving the card reader to a different pci-e slot affect in which order the drives get detected?
    Posts(114) | Reviews | Tip post

• ezdmanx2 Saturday, January 17, 2015 7:19 AM Reply
    Posts(11) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere