Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Torch Suggestion?

• TexasMTBer Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:32 AM Reply
    I'd like to purchase a decent torch to use when hiking with dogs on wooded trails out my back door. Usually 15 - 45 minutes. My wife will be using this torch, and I don't want to have to remove batteries to charge it. It needs to be easy, and ready to go (charged) at all times. I'd like it bright enough to penetrate the woods to see wildlife.

I'm interested in sku.350731, but there are no reviews. Would be ok to leave this on the charger 98% of the time without risk of over-charging or fire?

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• TexasMTBer Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:38 AM Reply
    I should add... I own a coupe sku.82510 lights, absolutely love them for my purposes, but I don't want a separate driver/battery for my wife's application. She wants a traditional handheld flashlight unit that is LED-bright and rechargeable. It does not need to be focus-able, like sku.350731.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 3, 2015 4:54 AM Reply
    Would sku.319079 work? It's USB rechargeable, has a battery strength/charging indicator, and can also be used to charge another device, like a cellphone etc. With the batt strength indicator, there's be no need to leave it plugged in all the time.

It should be more than bright enough for almost anything, and has 2 lower modes to conserve the battery if necessary. It comes with a battery, but you can also buy a better battery if you need longer runtimes. There are a few reviews too.

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12567) | Reviews | Tip post

• TexasMTBer Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:07 AM Reply
    Wow, that's a cool product! I think that will work for my wife, and I'm thinking of getting one too.

I carry a small torch in my camelback when riding as a backup in case my main light fails, and the 5v cell-phone emergency power would be very nice.

Ordering two.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:38 AM Reply
    I had an (almost ) identical light, but it was a cheaper unbranded model. I gave it to my son because it couldn't be directly shut off from any mode except SOS. Something I really don't like, but my son doesn't mind at all, and was more interested in the ability to use it as a power bank, than the light itself. This one may not be the same, but I have no way of knowing that for sure.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12567) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere