Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

half bought do not work

• northernsoul Thursday, March 26, 2015 8:06 PM Reply
    Hi.
    I have bought 2 or 3 years ago 5 flashlights and 2 Ultrafire BRC 18650 3000mAh 3.7V li-ion batteries and about half do not work.
    3 were for my bike, Cree P4's and these still work.
    I got a Ultrafire G2 SST-50 with 2 batteries. Unfortunately this has hardly been used but on trying it recently both batteries do not work properly. They both only charge up to 2.7V and with a dim light last about 10 minutes even though on battery it says should last 10 years (huh :( ). So therefore that torch is useless (cannot remember if I got a carrier for using normal batteries). It used to be a really good light the few times I used it but the torch used to get very warm (a problem for the battery?).
    I also have an Ultrafire XML-T6, unfortunately I cannot remember when I last used this, but now, although I get 4.5V from the battery pack the torch will not work. So, out of 7 items, 2 Ultrafire batteries for the torch (torch now useless unless I buy more batteries) and 1 Ultrafire torch do not work.
    Cant find anywhere to email DX so bringing my annoyance to here. Maybe moral is don't buy Ultrafire as they hardly last at all (based on my very limited use)
    Sorry for the rant but you should be able to contact DX by email directly to complain (too expensive to phone HK )
    Posts(8) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, March 26, 2015 10:39 PM Reply
    Ultrafire batteries are crap, especially the ones with stripes on them. If the batteries are run down too low, or over-charged, they can be damaged or stop working entirely. That's why I always recommend "Protected" batteries.

If your torch stopped working it may be a simple fix. Check the sticky in the Flashlight Forum. It may be just something loose, or a bit of corrosion.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12561) | Reviews | Tip post

• northernsoul Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:40 PM Reply
    Hi
    Thanks for your reply. I will check the flashlight forum. I have got the Ultralight batteries with the stripe on them ;( , only must have recharged them at most 5 times so not good at all. Says shortcurrent and overload Protction on batteries but obviously either something wrong with them or they are no good.
    Thanks again

• northernsoul Thursday, March 26, 2015 11:43 PM Reply
    Just noticed in 1 of the batteries something is loose inside. Like another battery within the casing. Might take it to pieces

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, March 27, 2015 12:12 AM Reply
    Just noticed in 1 of the batteries something is loose inside. Like another battery within the casing. Might take it to pieces

LOL @cyclist. Would you care to show northrnsoul what he might find in those "striped" batteries?
    Ask them.

• cyclist Moderator Friday, March 27, 2015 6:37 AM Reply
    Flashlight issues~https://tinyurl.com/bw2d3pd
    DX Return Policy/Warranty~https://tinyurl.com/yb7dpg3s
    New customers read this ~ http://tinyurl.com/3kcyfqm
    Tracking site ~ http://www.17track.net/en
    Posts(17129) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, March 27, 2015 7:24 AM Reply
    Classic stuff. Those first two pics are new to me.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24937) | Reviews | Tip post

• northernsoul Friday, March 27, 2015 6:29 PM Reply
    Interesting photos !

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, March 27, 2015 7:16 PM Reply
    The first 2 pics are new to me also.

northernsoul, were you able to fix the problem with your light?
    Ask them.

• northernsoul Friday, March 27, 2015 9:28 PM Reply
    Yes I did thanks. I cleaned the Ultrafire XLM-T6 before, but after looking at the sticky I tried again and it seems it might have been the contact between the body and tailcap.
    Bought 2 Canwelum 2250mAh batteries for the other torch for £10 ($15). Seem to get good reviews here in England.
    Still annoyed I could not find how to contact DX to complain about the batteries.
    Thanks again

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere