Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

best 18650 batteries?

• screenshot Thursday, April 9, 2015 4:26 AM Reply
    i didnt find any topics on this, so perhaps there are some good 18650 batteries out there?
    and what about 26650 flashlights, batteries and chargers?
    Posts(43) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:53 AM Reply
    To browse the full range of 18650’s DX sell, type “18650 batteries” into the search bar above. Do the same for 26650’s. Many of the better class smart chargers work for both those, as well as for 1.2V NiMH cells. SKU: 341209 and SKU: 156756 for instance.

Don’t buy any cells that have the three horizontal stripes, they’re rubbish. Don’t go by the reviews for an honest appraisal, read the comments in “Discussions” on the product pages of each type. Even then, only bother with the ones posted by trustworthy customers like cyclist, desolder, gasbag11 and sheepish.
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:20 AM Reply
    Probably the best 18650 cells here are Sanyo and Panasonic. The Panasonic 3400mAh cells will last the longest before needing a recharge.

The Sanyo 2600 mAh cells (sku.121447) will hold their voltage very well with higher drain devices. Both are rather long though, if you want protected ones

I don't know if any of the 26650 cells are really good. Maybe @desolder would know.

edit - you can check these 26650 lights. vv Some use both 18650 and/or 26650.

http://www.dx.com/s/26650%2bflashlight?category=1360&PageSize=100&PriceSort=up

edit - If I really needed 26650 cells, I'd probably choose sku.107232. Trustfire cells are probably the best of the xxxxxfire brands. Even their flashlights seem to be a little higher quality than other "Fire" brand lights.

The 2 Skilhunt 26650s here might be good but I've never seen any reviews or anything about them.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12566) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by gasbag11 on 4/9/2015 at 8:21 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:34 AM Reply
    Subscribed.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Thursday, April 9, 2015 11:33 AM Reply
    Samsung cells are not too bad either, Samsung are one of the very few OEMs that can make a laptop entirely in-house including lcd and battery so they have a reputation to maintain
    Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11864) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:00 PM Reply
    I don't think DX carries any loose Samsung 18650s.

LG makes good cells too, but DX only carries the 2600mAh unprotected ones.
    Ask them.

• screenshot Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:30 PM Reply
    nice, thanks.
    but what is the protection board for? and sanyo probably has 2800mah batteries also and panasonic's BF means that its without the protection board?
    Posts(43) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:38 PM Reply
    If the voltage of a Li-ion cell gets too high when charging or too low when being used, or too high a current is drawn from it, the cell can go BANG! Toxically. The protection circuit prevents those things happening.
    Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2015 8:52 PM Reply
    The protection board stops the cells from being over-charged or over-discharged which can damage them, or kill them entirely in extreme cases. It also protects against short circuits.

Over-charged Li-ion cells can "vent" (release toxic gas), catch fire, or in rare cases, explode. That's why I almost always recommend protected cells. If you must use unprotected cells for certain applications, than it's highly recommended to buy a good quality charger that won't over-charge them, and try not to run them down too low before recharging them.

edit - I'm not sure, but the "f" might mean flattop. sheepish?
    Ask them.

post edited by gasbag11 on 4/9/2015 at 9:05 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Thursday, April 9, 2015 9:19 PM Reply
    Wow! It must have taken me an awful long time to type my previous post. lol
    Ask them.

Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Flashlights)
Flashlights

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere