Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Does the OTG function work properly?

• Estruendoso Monday, November 2, 2015 9:15 AM Reply
    I've read a couple of reviews complaining about OTG function not working.
    Is it true?
    Can anybody who owns this cellphone confirm if OTG is working?
    Thanks.
    Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 2, 2015 2:22 PM Reply
    Subscribing... just out of curiosity.

A few questions Estruendoso: Did you query the reports in those reviews?
    Was there any evidence offered to support the negative view?
    Were those who offered opinions knowledgeable enough and qualified to do so? For instance, something as simple as using the wrong type of cable can render OTG non-functional.

I am not suggesting you intentionally tried to start a rumour-fest here but too often we see baseless negative innuendo in a forum start just that sort of thing going. For all I know this phone may be a piece of crap but hopefully anyone contributing to the discussion will keep the comments fair, rational and open-minded.
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• Estruendoso Monday, November 2, 2015 5:40 PM Reply
    No, I didn't query those reports because I wasn't a registered user at the sites I saw them.
    I'm very interested in this phone, so I've tried to find all the information before buying one.
    I've read a dozen reviews (more or less) and I found 2 where the person who buyed this phone stated that OTG didn't work at all. Well, in fact, one of those reviews was about the 512Mb, 4Gb version.
    I just need that someone who owns this phone confirms me that OTG works properly so I can buy this phone.

Thank you very much for all that useful information.

• tfibe Friday, November 20, 2015 10:03 PM Reply
    I contacted manifacturer - they said the phone does NOT have OTG. I opened a new thread as well describing the problem in details - http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1440719
    Posts(49) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by tfibe on 11/20/2015 at 10:08 PM
  • Estruendoso Monday, November 23, 2015 1:17 AM Reply
    OK, @tfibe. Thank you very much.

It's a pitty to hear that, because I was really interested on this phone.

Once again, thank you very much.

Yours is the best example of a helpful answer. I wish there were more people like you out there ;-)

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere