Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

no OTG function - DX description wrong

• tfibe Friday, November 20, 2015 10:04 PM Reply
    I bought several Doogee X5s and the desciption says it has OTG. The first of the phones arived few days ago and i discovered that the OTG function does not work. I contacted manifacturer and manifacturer confirmed this model DOES NOT have OTG by design. This means the DX description is wrong. I have been shopping in DX for quite a while now and this is the first time i stumble uppon such a big error in the description.
    Posts(49) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by tfibe on 11/20/2015 at 10:12 PM
  • ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, November 21, 2015 11:14 AM Reply
    Have you reported it to them?

http://i.imgur.com/GQ0Ev5G.png
    img src: http://i.imgur.com/GQ0Ev5G.png

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• tfibe Saturday, November 21, 2015 7:27 PM Reply
    Had not noticed that ability - just reported it. That does not help the fact i already bought multiple X5s for christmas gifts, and OTG is quite important for any kind of data transfer to and from a smartphone...

• Estruendoso Monday, November 23, 2015 1:36 AM Reply
    I hope DX solves your problem with a FULL REFUND and pay the shipping fees for you to send them back.
    This is clearly THEIR FAULT. Some could consider it a scam.

Nowadays, a non-OTG smartphone is just ridiculous, in my opinion. I wouldn't accept one; even if it was a present.

Please, keep us informed about DX's decision. I know this doesn't help you; but I won't buy anything from DX until I know they offered you a fair solution.

Good luck!

Right now, they keep stating IT HAS otg function!!!
    "features Wi-Fi , GPS , FM , Bluetooth , OTG"

(Evil)P.S: Maybe they are trying to make OTG work by using the proper cable, as some "curious" forum user would advice. }:-)
    Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

• Estruendoso Monday, November 23, 2015 2:51 AM Reply
    By the way... That "Report Error" button is next to a "100% Satisfaction guaranteed or Your money back" link. Just click on it.

-quote-
    Return Unsatisfactory Products

If you are not happy for any reason with your purchase, then just return it within 10 days of receipt for a full refund or an exchange. If the return is not a result of our error, customers will be required to cover shipping cost both ways. And please make sure the item you send back to us is in the original packaging, and the merchandise is in the same condition.
    -end quote-

I'd say you have FULL RIGHT to ask for a full refund and they should pay for the shipping costs, as this has been THEIR ERROR.

Once again, Good Luck!
    Posts(35) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, November 23, 2015 9:32 AM Reply
    @Estruendoso
    “This is clearly THEIR FAULT. Some could consider it a scam.”
    What “fault”? And What “scam”?

It has not yet even been established that there is a fault, let alone that DX knew about a fault and were denying responsibility! It is fair enough to inform a customer of his rights and the action he should take in such a situation but it is NOT o.k. to start rumours and suggest the company is scamming before we have even heard their response.

@Happyvicky
    Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• Happyvicky @DX Staff @DX Staff Monday, November 23, 2015 2:56 PM Reply
    @Happysabrina
    Could you please contact suppliers to confirm this?
    Or let Quality Control Dept. staff check again about this phone sku.400793 whether it has OTG function.
    Looking forward to your early reply. It is an emergency. Thanks.

I'll have my maternity leave from next week(my baby will be born in a mo
    nth), and I may be back to office a
    round mid-December.
    If you have anything to query, please contact Maye_Tao.
    Thank you. :)

Posts(7247) | Reviews | Tip post

• tfibe Monday, November 23, 2015 5:38 PM Reply
    Considering my experience as a DX shopper I believe that it will turn out that DX was given wrong information about the phone's specifications by whoever gives specifications to DX. That said this does not solve my problem - OTG is pretty valuable considering it is the easiest way to transfer information to and from the phone without buying SD card. Even then to reach the the SD card one has to remove the back pannel to access it - not something handy if SD card is the main means for data transfer.

This whole debacle is especially odd considering this phone is MVP.

post edited by tfibe on 11/23/2015 at 5:41 PM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, November 24, 2015 4:37 AM Reply
    This whole debacle is especially odd considering this phone is MVP.

MVP simply means the item is (usually) available to ship from DX in 24 hours. It has nothing to do with quality or value.
    NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12555) | Reviews | Tip post

• Happysabrina @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, November 24, 2015 3:56 PM Reply
    @tfibe
    Sorry, my information was wrong, the phone have no OTG function.
    @Happyvicky
    Posts(2221) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere