Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

MAIKOU Fashionable TPU Wrist Band, how it works?

• duartecordeiro Tuesday, January 5, 2016 8:22 PM Reply

Received today this watch for my kid, but it just came wrapped in some plastic with no instructions.

Has two buttons, and pressing one or another doesnt do nothing. Pressing both doenst do anything. I don't see the leds... is there anything I'm missing? Do I need to remove the back screws and put a battery in there?

It should come with a battery. Any idea?

Thanks for your time,

Duarte

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:06 PM Reply

does it have a battery? if so it may be dead, try with a fresh CR2016

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• duartecordeiro Thursday, January 7, 2016 3:06 AM Reply

Well, my bad. Or maybe not my bad... a bad watch. I know I paid just 4€ for the clock but the leds aren't visible during daylight... really bad watch.

Well, case solved then. Thanks for the advice.

• Happysabrina @DX Staff @DX Staff Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:49 PM Reply

@duartecordeiro

Hope this can help u,

Power: Press the right button first
    Tone hour: the second button, click
    Tune minute: second button, double-click
    Tune Month: the second button, press three times
    Transfer date: the second button, press looked
    Tone Year: second button, press under five
    12 and 24-hour switch: the second button, press 6 next
    As described above can not be achieved over, then the battery is dead, or product damage.

Thanks

Posts(2221) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Thursday, January 7, 2016 8:25 PM Reply

but the leds aren't visible during daylight... really bad watch

the dim display makes it a bad watch? have you considered maybe they designed the display to be lower brightness so the battery lasts longer? besides many led watch displays are hard to see in direct sunlight, same goes with a lot of phones, tablets, laptops etc does that make them all "really bad"?

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• duartecordeiro Thursday, January 7, 2016 11:47 PM Reply

Well, its just my personal view. I know its a dim display. I press the button and it shows the time for about 2 seconds. No problem with that. But the pictures on the product page are a *little* misleading. Its very hard to see the time during daylight. The leds intensity is not like in the pictures EVEN in a dark room with no lights.

But, its a 4€ watch, for a kid. I just wasnt expecting that the leds were so weak..

matrix-neo, it's winter in here. Raining, I'm not even talking about *direct sunlight*, not even sunlight. Just a rainy day. Its hard to see. I would prefer a lower life battery and a clearer display.

On the subject of phones, yes I consider a phone to be a bad phone if I can't use it outside in the summer. Tablets/laptops... well, nobody (or mostly nobody) would need to use them on direct sunlight), so its not a major issue with them. I know this is a personal view, not wanting to start a war about this subject.

But, my original post was about not knowing if it was working, and it really is. So, thanks Happysabrina 
    and matrix-neo for your help.

Regards,

Duarte

• Nishant123 Friday, January 8, 2016 3:57 AM Reply

Maybe the black+blue version could have been better.

Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(833) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere