Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Feedback)
Feedback

Why Do I Have Issues With DX?

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, March 14, 2016 7:07 AM Reply

Hi guys, most of the regulars still remember me from over a year ago, but then I vanished.

One of the reasons was that I was incredibly annoyed at DX for several reasons.  I had now returned to give DX another chance to redeem themselves, but they've failed incredibly at that, and here's the story how they did so:

Order 140220001097600659 ticket B46A5BDB2B2149268E05D28B02A9CADD

As you can see this was placed a very long time ago, and it got lost in the mail.  When I first noticed that tracking showed it was stuck, I contact DX through a ticket(not ticket above), in this ticket they kept asking me to wait, over and over again, refused to investigate.  A while later I opened a new ticket, asked again, and DX then told me it was too late for them to investigate and they could not find the tracking anymore.  I should have said something sooner...sooner?  They should have done something sooner.

After a long hassle, because I said I would not place any orders anymore at DX and would just move on to a different site, since I was a good support at the forum but was refused any assistance(because they only kept delaying me so I could not file any disputes, which I never did...so far), they somewhat realised that they were at fault and promised me if I placed new orders in the future, I would be compensated after all.

It took me a long time, but decided recently to give DX a new chance, having placed 3 new orders totalling $70, with intention to regain my faith in Dx and order more again.  But then I realised I could no longer find my previous tickets, all my tickets(+30) in the "new" ticket system were DELETED by DX.  After a very very long time waiting in Livechat Violet told me on several instances that they were deleted due to a system error(so DX doesn't keep backups? I find this hard to believe).

Violet advised me to make a new ticket, explain the situation and it would be handled.

So I opened ticket B46A5BDB2B2149268E05D28B02A9CADD, being "helped" by Crystal.

So, they checked at the post office on their end for a package almost 2 years ago, and it's just delayed, and I should be more patient.  Let's be honest, they never checked, they lied.

When I confronted Crystal about her lie, she says I was too late to make my claim now(but I did way back then!), she basically ignored every question I asked because I did not asked about my missing package, but about the promised compensation and the deleted tickets.  That Violet confirmed to me that my tickets were deleted.

Surprisingly, Crystal did agree to give me store credit of my shipment right after, without further explanation.  Store Credit which ofcourse I accepted, but was the case closed after that?  Ofcourse not.

I still demanded an explanation why my tickets were deleted, and why she lied to me about my shipment the first time, and I was (most likely) lied to in the past.

She kept trying to change the subject because I was open about my bad feelings about DX because at that time I had 2 other problematic tickets with my new orders(mentioned below).

When I demanded for a last time that she'd have to explain to me why my tickets were deleted, she told me they never deleted any tickets(something at first Violet also claimed, but had to change her opinion about).

Then Crystal still acted dumb and said the tickets got closed because they were not replied to in over 3 months.  What kind of crap was that, she never checked, there were no closed tickets, and closed tickets can still be seen.

I however did find several of my ticket references again, so I outright asked her were those specific tickets went to.

That was it, she doesn't continue, she just says tickets are not deleted, but she can't find them....normal?

I did not reply anymore after that, Crystal is simply either refusing to answer my questions, or she is lying to me.

Funny how googling "crystal liar" gives me this meme.

So onto my next problem.

Order 160121001084170426 ticket 290881B0B8C4484FAE852AEE40AB13AD tracking RI834240205CN, In Belgium since February 4th 

An ordinary recent order, everything went well, untill...it got in here in Belgium, and then it stops... under normal instances it would have arrived at my place 1-3 days after it arrived in Belgium.  I waited 10 days and opened my ticket.

Sure, Lily checks with the postal office, the same way Crystal did?

I did wait 5 days, and then I contacted my local postal service themselves, and they agreed to me by phone that the situation is not normal, and that the shipper should start an enquery.

So they just want to continue to ask me to wait...so I can not file any disputes? Or that it becomes too late to make a claim like last time? Seriously DX!?

Besides, they want to push the mistakes in delays in air cargo, but it was no longer air cargo, it was at that time in my country in Belgium for 3 weeks already, literally at less than 10 kms away from my house(near the airport related industries, I even know which building since I used to work squite closeby several years ago).

The fact that I contacted my own postal service and they agreed about the abnormal situation did not even make DX move a bit, besides, in her first message, didn't she say she already contacted the postal service?  Surely they must have had a response by now, with the same information?  That the package is delayed but that they're trying to find it?  But that's not mentioned.

They're not cheating me?  So that's why Lily has not given me a single reply so far without containing a lie?

Sure I won't lose my money, riiiight, if I had not be so persistant with Crystal, I would have lost that money, it did take me 2 years after payment to get it back...in store credits.  Lily is just pushing the situation so I can't file a dispute nor get a refund to my credit card.

Like with Crystal, I keep confronting Lily with the lies I'm being told on DX' end and she just ignores it, just like Crystal did.

Again the same things, I have to trust DX(didn't I explain her why I didn't trust DX anymore? Didn't I tell her that she-Lily- and Crystal both told me several lies about my shipments?).  Oh, look, she tells me to wait till that date...let me guess, by that date I can no longer file a dispute, AND it will be IMPOSSIBLE to refund me to my credit card, that only store credit would be possible?  Do you really think I still want to give my money to DX willingly?

So I made a final lenghty reply, which'll most likely still be ignored by Lily.

But during all these weeks I didn't sit still, and continued my contact with my own postal services, while we both knew that for financial compensation, only the shipper could do anything, they did start an investigation themselves, which resulted in bposts case 1-5014856909.  They too took their time, but confirmed to me by mail that the package was at the moment untraceable and got lost somewhere at customs.  Maybe customs can find it again, but that may be unlikely.  But only the shipper can file a claim, which is DX.  Oh, right, didn't DX file an investigation February 19th?  So by now, they must've gotten this exact same information too and are capable to REFUND ME RIGHT NOW, no?  So now I'm waiting for a reply by Lily for 4 days now, but I'm sure it won't be very helpfulL

I still have another open ticket, I suspect I have a fake Sandisk USB 3.0 flashdrive after a test with ChipGenius(somewhat real capacity, but prob not usb 3.0, the review of SKU.363636 also says the promised speeds are not reached), I still have several tests planned, before I will file a dispute and will alert Sandisk of sale of fake goods.  But I have to test a couple of things before I do so just so I can come with 100% proof.  All that DX wants is me to ship it back as if it's a defective item, but they're not checking their own batch of flashdrives themselves, so I guess even if it were fake, they want to keep selling them.  I will not ship it back if it's a fake, but if I find conclusive proof it's fake, I will alert Sandisk about it.

So this was my rant, DX ignores my questions, and my lost package.  I will most likely File a dispute for that lost package very soon if DX doesn't refund me right away!

unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

• Nishant123 Monday, March 14, 2016 3:47 PM Reply

Yes,Voriki,I also feel some of the DX staff just want to piss us off.

They do that by telling us to wait and wait and... It goes on like this.

Recently, I got a defective product, so I opened a ticket, got the reply to check on the forum or the instruction manual.

And I told her that There is a problem in the product itself.

And till now, I haven't got a reply.

Btw,Lily is the staff member on the ticket.

Maybe @Happyvicky can sort out our issues.

Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(833) | Reviews | Tip post

• purple-leaves @DX Staff @DX Staff Monday, March 14, 2016 6:04 PM Reply

@Voriki  @Nishant123

For maintenance of our system, some old tickets were filed and deleted from the history list. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. We will retrain the service support on this.

For the other problems, we will carefully double check, and reply to you as soon as possible to solve the problems.

Thanks for your understanding.

Posts(155) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, March 14, 2016 7:18 PM Reply

I contact DX through a ticket(not ticket
    above), in this ticket they kept asking me to wait, over and over again,
    refused to investigate.  A while later I opened a new ticket, asked
    again, and DX then told me it was too late for them to investigate and
    they could not find the tracking anymore.  I should have said something
    sooner...sooner?  They should have done something sooner.

After
    a long hassle, because I said I would not place any orders anymore at
    DX and would just move on to a different site, since I was a good
    support at the forum but was refused any assistance(because they only
    kept delaying me so I could not file any disputes, which I never
    did...so far), they somewhat realised that they were at fault and
    promised me if I placed new orders in the future, I would be compensated
    after all.

I don't know how many people I have told "you won't lose your money with DX". But it seems that's not true.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

• desolder Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:47 AM Reply

subscribing

Good to see you again, Voriki. I hope this gets settled to your satisfaction.

What's up with the scrubbed LED driver IC markings?
    What are they trying to hide?

Posts(7073) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 15, 2016 4:20 AM Reply

Hey Bart. 

I don't have any advice really, but if you use paypal and you think a dispute is necessary, they've extended the dispute time to 6 months now. Hope it's not needed though.

NO! I don't know why DX screwed up the site so badly.
    Ask them.
    Posts(12577) | Reviews | Tip post

• Voriki Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:19 AM Reply

Unfortunately I did not pay through Paypal, I used a prepaid creditcard, not sure how a dispute works there yet.

I got a response from Lily, 2 responses actually to my 2nd ticket.

Funny how she again tells me to wait and that it's on it's way, clearly posting that the tracking was still not updated.  Showing that it's in Belgium, on the area of BEBRUA/Brucargo, and hasn't moved since.

And then, 3 hours later she replies again to my ticket, telling me she'd refund...but 3 hours later, odd, CSE employees NEVER reply to tickets again until a customer does, because those tickets don't come up again in their tasklist.  Unless...someone on the forum, being Purple-Leaves, told her to reply.  So in a mere 3 hours time, I was fed the same bullcrap to refund... And everyone on the forum knows DX only did this because a dispute=bad reputation for DX.  DX knew 100% the money would be returned to me through a dispute, so they quickly handled it themselves.

While I'll ofcourse now ask for the refund, I still want DX to offer me an explanation of the situation, since on february 19th they "asked" the post office, they should be able to give me an explanation on what the postal office told them after those 25+ days time.

So my financial issues are fixed, but not the service related issues, the disrespect that they show by lying to customers, completely ignoring the evidence.

@purple-leaves

"For maintenance of our system, some old tickets were filed and deleted from the history list"
    So DX doesn't keep any backups?  Did anyone else on the forum experience this(gasbag? sheepish? desolder?)  Why did every single DX staff member at first deny that this ever happened?  Why do CSE employees refuse to check with the postal office to trace missing packages?

If a package is delayed, I can understand that they ask someone to wait, but when a package has been stuck for 1+month, why did Lily still ask me to wait instead of sharing better information with me?  

I will now reply to Lily a last time asking for my refund, and asking what the word in on the investigation of the package.  But I know she will not answer the last question.  But I will not reply to Crystal, she lied to me too often and she will further refuse to answer my questions.  So Purple, I hope you can at least give me a truthful response.  And by truthful I don't mean the bullcrap replies about mistakes in communication, I was blatantly lied to, the employees knew very well they weren't sharing truthful information with me.

unhappy and grumpy about DX
    Why I'm (temporary) back on the forums:
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447763
    Posts(6762) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Voriki on 3/15/2016 at 5:21 AM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, March 15, 2016 6:03 AM Reply

It's good that you have got the refund. It's to DX's shame that it's so hard.

On the subject of "completely ignoring the evidence" is a wrong product complaint I have ongoing, where DX's own product photos and packing list contradicts what I have been told in my ticket. It's almost a month and a half since I opened the ticket. http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1447040.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24957) | Reviews | Tip post

• Happyvicky @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, March 16, 2016 4:33 PM Reply

@Voriki

Sorry for the experience  you've been through, but there must be a big misunderstanding.

I will try to explain everything to you.

1. "Ticket-disappeared" issue

To keep maintenance of system, the history tickets that are over one year were re-filed and deleted, and customer service supports have no right to check these history tickets. Only the responsible IT member can check them from database. We really apologize for any inconvenience caused.

2. "140220001097600659" issue

About this order 140220001097600659, Crystal didn't notice the shipment date of the package at the first time. You know sometimes when tickets are piled up, staff are very busy and likely to send a template mail. We have to admit that this is our fault, but later on Crystal realized what happened to your order and offered final compensation to your order.

3. "160121001084170426" issue

About the order 160121001084170426, we did request the responsible staff member to follow the package. As it has been shipped to overseas, the logistics company need more time to trace the package. We are unable to offer you the latest tracking information unless carrier reflect the update online. After all,finally we issued full refund for this order.

4. Still the same words," We never let customers lose money with DX".

I'll have my maternity leave from next week(my baby will be born in a mo
    nth), and I may be back to office a
    round mid-December.
    If you have anything to query, please contact Maye_Tao.
    Thank you. :)

Posts(7247) | Reviews | Tip post

• fazzzfiverrr Tuesday, March 29, 2016 2:11 AM Reply

Sorry to hear @voriki

If only i read the forums and your post before making a $60 purchase here..

In my case I paid for expedited shipping.. but they sent my item through standard airmail! What for did I pay $12 for expedited shipping then? And their respose was hillarious.. "forgot to add expedited shipping"... forgot??! How can they casually answer like that like its no issue? And my tiket asking for a refund of the shipment went without a clear answer.. only your standard 'sorry' and 'please wait another 1 or 2 weeks.. bla bla'.

This will be my first and last shopping with DX. Too bad, I really thought they were very good at first. Bad experience.

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in Feedback)
Feedback

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere