Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in DX Listing)
DX Listing

Huawei phone

• Jane12345 Friday, March 18, 2016 4:32 AM Reply

I'm in Australia and I saw a program on Foxtel about Huawei phones being the largest sellers in the world, now, I'm sure this is because they are Chinese and with their HUGE population it make sense that they would sell more phones than any other country. But, they also compared the iPhone 6s very favourably to a Huawei model. Unfortunately I didn't get the model name or number, and currently I have a 5s mobile which I'm not at all happy with. 

Over here the 6s is thousands of dollars and even if you are on a plan with a provider you're still paying a lot. I use pre paid phones (ridiculously the most expensive way to make a phone call I know, but what do you do)?

My question is - which mobile phone sold on DX is closest to the iPhone 6s? It doesn't have to be a Huawei, they were the ones I saw, but if there's another (read 'cheaper') I'd be just as happy. Naturally I would love the rose gold (!!) but anything pretty would be good, just not black!!

Thank you to staff, public, ANYONE who can help me. 

Jane12345

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Nishant123 Saturday, March 19, 2016 2:34 AM Reply

There are many good phones in the market right now.

Xiaomi redmi note 3

Sku.852418875

I guess there are different models of it associated with the band frequency.

@ozOzo will know which one works down under.

Other two that come to my mind are Coolpad note 3 and Lenovo k4 note.

I can't find them on DX.

All these are pretty good in terms of features, usability etc.

Real eyes realise real lies.
    Posts(833) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 19, 2016 6:20 AM Reply

I didn't see that program Jane, but I guess the Huawei they were talking about was the Huawei Mate S, (SKU: 852426362) which seems to be the flagship of their range. Its specifications certainly more than favourably stack up to iPhone 6s as far as I can tell but I'm no expert on cellphone technology.

I can tell you though, that it will work anywhere in Oz. It has a huge range of 2G, 3G and 4G frequency bands, certainly all those used by all Austrailian networks. Btw, you can read more about it here: http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_s-7533.php . If you don't need this much phone, for this much money there are plenty of other models and brands available for a lot less money, that do a lot more than I ever have use for. Xiaomi is another top Chinese brand often compared with iPhone on the forums, and worth looking at.This one has a 5.5" screen which is a pretty big phone but it's only 7.4mm thick! Pity, it's only in gold... not iPhone rose gold.  :)

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7310) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 19, 2016 3:44 PM Reply

Naturally I would love the rose gold (!!)

Why "naturally"?

Nishant123, how did you do the multi-size text?

I'm surprised the Huawei Mate S doesn't have a barometer.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:11 PM Reply

not trying to be smart here, but choosing your next phone based only on a tv show is a quick way to pick a dud! you need something based on needs/budget, look at your friend's phones, see which one appeals the most

also, which mobile phone sold on DX is closest to the iPhone 6s? as in functions or appearance? do you want something that 'looks' like an iphone but with a lower price or 'works' like an iphone but with a lower price?

in terms of functions, the software is important, determines how phone is used and which apps you get, iOS is very different to Android

if you just want the 'look' get a clone, very cheap, looks the real deal, but crappy as a daily phone

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:33 PM Reply

look at your friend's phones, see which one appeals the most

I'm glad you said that. Last night I looked at 4 phones of different sizes (from 3 friends), and I had a look at another friend's even bigger phone today. I now have a very good idea of what size I want.

If having a status symbol is important I don't think anything really compares to an iPhone, but they have a price to match and their own particular quirks.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24950) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Saturday, March 19, 2016 5:36 PM Reply

true sheepish, and there's also the familiarity factor, so many people selling their new phone because they could not get used to the new model!

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11865) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in DX Listing)
DX Listing

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere