DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

[Update Nov.28] Shipment of purely power products

• purple-leaves @DX Staff @DX Staff Friday, March 25, 2016 11:32 AM Reply

Dear customers,

Due to recent airline safety regulations, world airmail service is now prohibited from transporting packages containing certain purely power products such as batteries and mobile power banks. We are striving to find other available logistics companies to deliver such items. And we are currently able to ship to addresses in following 15 countries.

And due to security control by carriers, any order contained purely power products can only be shipped by registered airmail.

Ireland, Austria, Poland, Denmark, France, Czech Republic,  Norway, Portugal, Switzerland, Slovakia, Spain, Hungary, Italy,Netherlands, Russia.

From Nov 28,2016, the purely power products are temporarily not allowed to shipped to Luxembourg,Sweden,United Kingdom. 

How to know if the item is a purely power product?

1.   Under the overview of product page, there shows the following note.

20161205090617.png

2.    On the checkout page, if the purely power product can't be shipped to your address, it will show the following note when you click "next".

6.png

Example: www.dx.com/p/124421

If the items unrelated to purely power products were returned, there're mainly the following 2 reasons:

1. Usually different small single packages are packed in a whole big bag. If the big bag contains both kinds of items, they may be returned together, as the customs will usually return the whole bag. But these cases are rare.

2. If the item was shipped with purely power product in a single package, it may also be returned together.

If your items unrelated to purely power products were returned and cancelled, please contact us. We will arrange refund or replacement as your request.

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Yours sincerely,

DX team

Posts(141) | Reviews | Tip post

• tfibe Friday, March 25, 2016 6:25 PM Reply

@purple-leaves

Does that include smartphones and other poducts that contain batteries? Because "certain purely power products" is a bit vague as a definition ...

Posts(26) | Reviews | Tip post

• bosoko Friday, March 25, 2016 6:36 PM Reply

My shipment was cancelled with a link to this forum thread even though it did not have any batteries or power banks. It had a DC power supply which requires external power to work and a 30g tube of thermal paste.

Posts(361) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by bosoko on 3/25/2016 at 6:36 PM
  • Panofsky Friday, March 25, 2016 6:36 PM Reply

Yes, probably all products containing batteries.

Just received a message that a simple usb remote control (2xAAA batteries included) has been returned to customs due to this. I suppose a lot of merchandise wel become unavailable if these regulations stay in effect.

Just ship everything without batteries would be a quick fix. Who needs those free batteries that runout the day after you install themanyway ;)

Posts(6) | Reviews | Tip post

• tfibe Friday, March 25, 2016 6:38 PM Reply

@ panofsky 

that can work for AAA batteries but that will nto work for smartphones and tons of other products that comes with its own battery model...

Posts(26) | Reviews | Tip post

• ivolovech Friday, March 25, 2016 6:39 PM Reply

Please a full refund

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Panofsky Friday, March 25, 2016 7:42 PM Reply

@ tfibe

That's true and if even power supply's and charges are on the blacklist like Bosoko says, there's not much left to ship for DX :(

• panzka Friday, March 25, 2016 8:43 PM Reply

That's too bad, since almost everything I have EVER been ordering from dx (worth several thousand usd) over many many years has ALWAYS contained battery or other power source..:/ Hopefully shipping to Finland comes possible later on..

Posts(4) | Reviews | Tip post

• nitk Friday, March 25, 2016 9:37 PM Reply

Dear DX,

I ordered Camelion Zinc Air Hearing Aid Button Cell Size A13 (6 PCS) (SKU 82892&402380).

Israel is not one of the 22 contries that prohibited from transporting packages with batteries like that. you can transfer it with other currier, I need it for the hearing aid.

Pls. reply me to my Email.

My order is 160312001026742191.

Thanks a lot,

Nitzan

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

• Viking39 Friday, March 25, 2016 9:52 PM Reply

In Sweden its possible to buy batteries from all over the world. How did they get them here? By donkey?  

post edited by Viking39 on 3/25/2016 at 9:55 PM
Page 1 of 15
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere