DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Description

• norwegr Friday, August 12, 2016 10:58 PM Reply

Just received this sharpener, and trying to find out which slot is which. There is no paper or instructions included, but the three slots are marked "Ceramic", "Course" and "Fine". The description says: "Is a very nice home three groove sharpener, wear-resisting, quickly and easily, using the new ABS plastic handle, three slot design for coarse grinding (wear-resistant high strength tungsten steel), relatively grinding (diamond sand), and fine grinding (ceramic knife bar), with a rubber (TPR) at the bottom, anti-skid design

This doesn't quite match the markings on the sharpener.  Also, the description starts by stating that it's a home sharpener, while the field "best use" states that it is for camping. Typical dx accuracy.

Looking at the material inside the slots:

The one marked "Ceramic" has 2 round bars, matte metalic - Guessing this is the diamond dust, which can be used for ceramic knifes.

The middle one, marked "Coarse" is shiny matallic, so I guess this is the tungsten.

The one marked "FIne" has 2 round, white bars, which I think must be ceramic, for fine sharpening of steel knifes.

So it looks like the description, quoted above here, talks about the material in the sharpening slots, while the marking on the sharpener talks about the function of each slot. Not quite sure though - a bit more accuracy from the seller would be welcome.

I got this sharpener hoping to sharpen ceramic knifes, so I will test and see how it works.

DX has lots of ceramic knifes on offer, some of them work OK, but this is the first sharpener I have found in here which could be good for sharpening, with it's diamond sand,

Posts(79) | Reviews | Tip post

• Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Tuesday, August 16, 2016 4:07 PM Reply

Hello @norwegr

Also, the description starts by stating that it's a home sharpener,
    while the field "best use" states that it is for camping. Typical dx
    accuracy.

Thanks for reporting.

We will modify the specification

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(4251) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, August 17, 2016 5:16 AM Reply

Heheh, funny you should mention that
    norwegr! I'm just back from a one week fishing trip and bought this
    sharpener beforehand, specifically to keep my filleting knives sharp.
    It did take up some room in my tackle-box but I found it just as
    handy there as it was sharpening the kitchen knives at home.

I see no reason why 'camping' should be
    excluded from the Best Use list... both home and camping deserve a
    mention.

I agree that the chinglish description
    is confusing! It's best to ignore it and go by what is stamped on the
    tool.  

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7044) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere