Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Which 12V DC Power Supply for EXP GDC Laptop PCI-E

• HardwareGuy Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:11 AM Reply

hi guys

I bought the mentioned  EXP GDC Laptop PCI-E-Card and I plan on running it with my Dell Notebook and GeForce 750 ti.

The 750ti does not need any external power input, because it uses the power from pci-e-slot only.

I thought it would be cheaper and better to avoid a full ATX-Power-Supply and just use a small 12V DC Power Supply because the manual says it should work.

Question:

Which 12V DC Power supply can I use to fully support my graphics card. I googled a bit but I am uncertain because I'm afraid to break the laptop / graphics card.

Please link a product or suggest a fail-prove solution.

THANK YOU

Posts(3) | Reviews | Tip post

• HardwareGuy Tuesday, September 20, 2016 2:06 AM Reply

ok, now I stumpled upon this power supply:

Do you think it is right and has enough power, because when I calculate correctly it can deliver 60W only.

Any suggestions?

mod edited by Maye_Tao on 9/21/2016 at 9:36 AM
  • Maye_Tao @DX Staff @DX Staff Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:37 AM Reply

Hello @HardwareGuy

The link of another site is not allowed. We will confirm power supply with the supplier.

Be happy. ( *^_^* )
    Posts(5502) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Wednesday, September 21, 2016 9:53 AM Reply

according to this your card draws 60W, it's good practice to allow a little margin, something like sku.326719 might be good, although you don't get the right connectors like an ATX supply so get ready to solder

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11929) | Reviews | Tip post

• HardwareGuy Wednesday, September 21, 2016 3:52 PM Reply

hey thank you for that link

one more question: why do you think I need soldering?

As I see it the input would fit a normal electricity cable and the output should perfectly fit into my external pci-e slot.

thank you ;)

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere