DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Video format

• John5634 Monday, March 20, 2017 7:51 PM Reply

What video format is supported?

The site says "WMV/AMV", but the device is named "MP4 player", and in the configuration it says "MJPEG 160x128".

Can you provide a sample video that works, so I can encode my videos to the same format?

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Monday, March 20, 2017 8:22 PM Reply

video format is AMV, the MP4 refers to the generic name of the device and not which file format it plays, if you have many video clips to convert save a lot of time and buy something that plays multiple video formats like sku.323690

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11957) | Reviews | Tip post

• John5634 Monday, March 20, 2017 8:30 PM Reply

I already purchased this product, I don't have many videos, and I don't mind doing the conversion. I just need to know what to convert to.

AVI? AMV? What video codec? What audio codec? What bitrate? How many frames per second?

Is there a software that worked for you in converting videos to that format?

Do you have a sample video file?

Posts(2) | Reviews | Tip post

• matrix-neo Moderator Monday, March 20, 2017 10:51 PM Reply

how to convert to AMV format just a google search away!

Resistance is futile-give in to DX gadget craving!
    also a voluntary mod-be nice please!
    Have an enquiry? https://cs.dx.com/ticket/index

Posts(11957) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere