Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

time setup

• remcooo Monday, April 03, 2017 3:52 PM Reply

Thank you for the great DX service and fast shipment... I have received the DMDG GPS Locator Watch Phone for Kids (sku 425335). I need your support.
    -----------------------
    #issue 1: I can't setup time. In the app the is an option for language and timezone, but you can't add a timezone, so the time will always be chinese time. As it is a watch in the first place, the time is an critical feature. How do I setup local time?

--------------------

#issue2: I have serious doubts about the security of the software. DMDG has got serveral GPS apps that can connect to the watch, and they offer a browser based webapp. (great for the windowphone user).

Beside the webapp is not SSL encrypted, even more dangerous, you can login with the watch-ID (that is just a random number) and default password 123456, EVEN WHEN I HAVE CHANGED  THE PASSWORD of the account in the android app.

Again when you download and install the older chineze version of aibele, again you can login by ID and default 123456, even when you have changed the password in the newer Aibele app..

This makes it very easy for hackers accessing my kids watch / phone, and if they can login so easily, they could talk to my kid or listen what's happening... Or to use GPS to monitor when we are out of the house.  (Just login with a random number with default pasword 123456, and if the ID is correct, a hacker can control the watch.)

Please tell me if I am wrong about the aibele security....

Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by remcooo on 4/4/2017 at 6:26 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, April 03, 2017 7:07 PM Reply

I'm beginning to think "Chinese security" is an oxymoron.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24259) | Reviews | Tip post

• remcooo Monday, April 03, 2017 7:33 PM Reply

Regarding my security issue, I might have been wrong. - my fault

When I changed the password previously, the new added password was not stored correctly.
    So the default password 123456 was still in use.  An error announcement would have been very handy in this case...

After installing the app on another android phone, changing the password, this also changed on the web enviroment.  So that part is ok. Still ... SSL encryption would be very advisable.

So issue #1 remains .... Does anyone know how to adjust the time?

• remcooo Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:11 PM Reply

I found a solution on an other forum for time setting... if the time zone is +2 hours (the netherlands)  type just 2 in the time zone

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, April 04, 2017 7:13 PM Reply

Thanks for sharing your findings. I'm sure it'll be a great help to other customers.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(24259) | Reviews | Tip post

• thanar Wednesday, June 14, 2017 3:13 PM Reply

Hey, just got this watch for my kid. I inserted a SIM card with PIN enabled by mistake. I can find no way to enter the PIN, the watch does not turn off. Anyone knows if there is a way to shut it off so I can remove the SIM card, or should I wait for the battery to drain?

Never mind, found it by mistake. Pressed all four buttons for a few seconds and that did it.

Posts(9) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by thanar on 6/14/2017 at 4:07 PM
«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere