DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Electronics)
Electronics

Some doubts about LA3161 ?

• viyor Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:15 PM Reply

Hello~all

I would like to use LA3161 to be an integrated 2 channel pre-amplifier intended for car stereo applications.But I don’t know if it’s suitable.So here I am.

In the following circuit diagram, Capacitors C8 and C9 are input coupling capacitors. Capacitors C3 & C6 are noise filter capacitors. The lower cut-off frequency depends on the value of C3 and C6 network comprising of components R1, R2 & C1 defines the frequency characteristics of left channel and the network consisting of R3, R4 &C2 defines the frequency characteristics of the right channel. C7 is the power supply filter capacitor and it must be connected as close as possible to the power input pin (pin 4) of the IC. But this IC doesn’t have short circuit protection, and short between pins may cause damage.My questions:

1).Have you used LA3161? How to decrease the damage of short between pins as possible?

2).Can the circuit be powered if the DC >12V?

3).Is this circuit (A preamp circuit, generally) required before a power amplifier circuit?

4.20.1.png

Posts(1) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by viyor on 4/24/2017 at 10:29 AM
  • gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Friday, April 21, 2017 4:30 AM Reply

Please read my signature. vv Searching for la3161 gives no results

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(11150) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Electronics)
Electronics

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere