DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

ScamExtreme

• dafcnz Monday, May 15, 2017 7:44 PM Reply

I ordered a phone 40 days ago and it never arrived. After wasting my time in the support ticket system, DX dumped the problem on me. Clearly they have lost my package in the mail (a $230 phone) and now they ask me to prove to them that my post office hasn't received in order to get a refund.

Problem is, Canada Post does not track international package numbers so I can't produce the documents they ask for. They want a document proving they haven't received, with a seal and signature (all of which my local post office cannot produce). So it is on me to somehow prove it hasn't arrived, but I cannot because their packages aren't tracked.

Now my only option is to deal with a chargeback request through Mastercard, which will take up to 2 months. I can't buy another phone because my money is in their hands and now it will be months before I can get a new phone to replace my broken one.

Last time I order from these bloody scam artists.

Posts(5) | Reviews | Tip post

• ozOzo Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 15, 2017 9:21 PM Reply

No, they are not scam artists, as I and any number of customers who have dealt with them for many years can testify. You either receive the goods or they reimburse you.

Clearly they have lost my package in the mail...

How does that work? They are in China, you are at home, the package is somewhere at or between the Hong Kong post office and your post office. I could just as logically say you lost the parcel!

… they ask me to prove to them that my post office hasn't received...

I'm guessing that is your more sensational wording of their usual request to check your local post office... a perfectly reasonable first action request. If you would like some help with the problem, forget the melodrama and try cooperating. Canada Post may not publish tracking results but like all postal services, they do require a receipt signature for registered post items.

Let's start fixing it by finding its last known location. What was the shipment date and what is the most recent tracking info from this site:  https://www.17track.net/en   
    BTW, opening a dispute with your credit card company will stop any further communication with DX and delay any possible solution for much longer.

Worldwide 4G bands list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_LTE_networks
    Worldwide 3G bands list:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/
    wiki/List_of_UMTS_networks
    Posts(7033) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by ozOzo on 5/15/2017 at 9:27 PM
  • dafcnz Monday, May 15, 2017 9:45 PM Reply

I could just as logically say you lost the parcel! 

In business, the seller is responsible for shipping, not the buyer. If the package is lost during shipping, it is on them to solve the problem. Instead they just dump the problem of chasing the package on me.

I'm guessing that is your more sensational wording of their usual request to check your local post office... a perfectly reasonable first action request. If you would like some help with the problem, forget the melodrama and try cooperating.

Here is a screenshot of the exact wording used in the ticket. https://gyazo.com/18305c9a52c6f1ce185389bd8fdb2c89

How is that sensational wording? "Formal proof document with post office seal and signature". Is that not asking me to prove it hasn't come in? Do I also need to put up a screenshot of the Canada Post policy that shows they don't offer tracking on international packages? So I'm supposed to waltz into my local office and ask them to produce proof that a package we don't have tracking for, with a "seal and signature", which Canada Post does not do? I'm suppose to force a national corporation to create a new procedure just for DX?

As for tracking on 17track, the last update was when it was delivered to Canada Post 13 days ago. "2017-05-02 14:52 Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA)"

Finally, opening a dispute with my credit card company will stop communication with DX? Ironically, most complaints against this company mention that they will drag procedures until the limit time on disputing transactions is passed and then simply ignore you... Judging by the service I've received in the ticket system, it does seem like they're simply trying to buy time until I cannot get my money back. 

post edited by dafcnz on 5/15/2017 at 9:46 PM
  • dafcnz Monday, May 15, 2017 9:53 PM Reply

Here, screenshot of the result of tracking search through Canada Post

https://gyazo.com/a05e33092fc50019cb1932ae0864bc05

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 15, 2017 10:20 PM Reply

Clearly they have lost my package in the mail (a $230 phone)

As for tracking on 17track, the last update was when it was delivered to Canada Post 13 days ago. "2017-05-02 14:52 Arrival at Destination Post (Country: CA)"

How did DX lose your package if tracking shows it was shipped and arrived in Canada? Canada post or customs probably lost it. 

Any time a pkg is lost, DX will ask the postal companies to trace it. That can take as long as 2 months. Your pkg wasn't lost until 13 days ago. Give it a little time. 

No, they are not scam artists, as I and any number of customers who have dealt with them for many years can testify. You either receive the goods or they reimburse you.

I'm practically a noob compared to ozOzo and some others here, but I've been buying here for 5 years now. 3 orders were lost (out of about 80) but they were all resent/refunded as I'm sure yours will be, once DX is sure that it's lost. You may lose some time here, but you won't lose your money.

ALWAYS ask questions about a specific item on its
    page. Scroll down and click on "Post a new topic".
    Posts(11595) | Reviews | Tip post

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 15, 2017 10:40 PM Reply

Another thing to consider. 

I'm also active on a forum of  a different Chinese site which has a very large # of Canadian customers. They are practically unanimous that pkgs take a long time to arrive in Canada,  (especially from certain postal carriers) and how long Canada post takes to deliver them. They almost all say that Canada post just plain sucks. 

So there's still a good chance your phone will arrive, regardless of tracking.

• dafcnz Monday, May 15, 2017 10:48 PM Reply

I regularly ship cross-country within Canada and it takes 2-3 days.

The problem here is that DX isn't making sure of anything or asking Canada Post to track it, they're asking me to do the work for them and provide them with documents that Canada Post does not offer.

So I'm given a choice to lose both time and money.

I understand if it got lost here, it's obviously not a DX employee who lost it themselves, but as the seller, it's on them to figure it out with the shipping companies and to refund me once they confirm it's lost. Instead they dump the problem on me and ask to prove I didn't receive it, which I can't do the way the demand me to do.

So at this point I'm gonna have to waste hours of my time AND possibly still lose my money as if this process takes up to 2 months as you say, I'll be past my window to make a chargeback claim with the credit card company... I've read stories of people being completely blocked off the site once their dispute limit was past with Paypal or their Credit Card.

• gasbag11 Top 10 Forum Poster Monday, May 15, 2017 10:54 PM Reply

I'll call a staff member to see if she can straighten this out for you. She won't be here for several hours though. 

@Maye_Tao? ^^

• dafcnz Monday, May 15, 2017 11:02 PM Reply

Yeah it's the middle of the night in China... hopefully they can figure something out because I don't want to be out of that money for 3 months and still not have a phone.

At this rate it'll be outdated by the time I get it 

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Tuesday, May 16, 2017 6:29 AM Reply

- now they ask me to prove to them that my post office hasn't received in order to get a refund.

- their usual request to check your local post office... a perfectly reasonable first action request.

- The problem here is that DX isn't making sure of anything or asking
    Canada Post to track it, they're asking me to do the work for them and
    provide them with documents that Canada Post does not offer.

- I can't do the way the[y] demand me to do.

That's an interesting one, because my post office insists on the sender of a lost packing making the enquiry. I've simply pointed that out to DX, maybe three times in the >10 years I've been shopping here, and DX got on with their process. (The other lost items I've had, DX didn't ask me to ask the post office. The last one was 71 days or so, so it was pretty clear it had gotten lost.)

the last update was when it was delivered to Canada Post 13 days ago.

I've seen enough bitter complaints about the performance of Canada Post to be quite comfy putting the blame squarely on them. Honestly, with Canada Post that isn't enough time to be sure it really is lost.

Your pkg wasn't lost until 13 days ago.

Technically, it wasn't actually lost 13 days ago, since the tracking showed where it was. You could say it was about to get lost, and as you said, by Canada Post, not by DX.

I think it's quite likely it'll still turn up.

DX has found a new way to deceive customers:
    Use reviews for different products that have not been bought
    by the person who wrote the review.
    http://club.dx.com/forums/forums.dx/threadid.1462252
    Posts(23704) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by sheepish on 5/16/2017 at 6:29 AM
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:
«Reply to this thread (in General Discussions)
General Discussions

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere