Wish
DX  » Community » Forums
«See all threads (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

"Just fine me now"

• sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Wednesday, May 24, 2017 11:43 AM Reply

- Three colors of lights, warning mode can protect you safe riding at night.

- Color BIN    Cold White , Red , Blue    

It's not going to protect you from getting a ticket for showing a blue light from the first cop who sees you. (And then you have to walk home pushing your bike on the footpath because you can't use the light any more because the cop is following you.)

Why does China do this? Why not sell something that's actually legal to use?

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

• Ignatus Sunday, May 28, 2017 2:36 PM Reply

Why does China do this? Why not sell something that's actually legal to use?

Just speculating:

a.) Might be perfectly legal in countries where law enforcement and emergency services uses different colors.

b.) This product was initially designed for "bicycle-officers" , but procurement agencies refused to buy them or they are old overstock.

Edit:Typo

Posts(190) | Reviews | Tip post

post edited by Ignatus on 5/28/2017 at 2:37 PM
  • sheepish Top 10 Forum Poster Sunday, May 28, 2017 3:06 PM Reply

a.) Might be perfectly legal in countries where law enforcement and emergency services uses different colors.

Yeah, but I find it very hard to believe there are that many countries in that category. I also find it very hard to believe that making a "Western" legal-to-actually-use version in orange and red (or something like that) would be difficult. Surely it would be a sensible sales option.

There are so many other blue and red lights that I'm going with your second option, overstock.

Remembering 30 years.
    Posts(24946) | Reviews | Tip post

«Reply to this thread (in Product Forum)
Product Forum

Subject:

* 50 characters max

Please note: HTML codes are not allowed anywhere on this page (otherwise you will see an error).

Please note that DealExtreme Forums are not a sales or product support board. While we do constantly participate in this forum, please contact us via support ticket for a guaranteed fast response. We make every effort to make the quickest replies.

DX Everywhere